Rental Car Reservation ?

djanssen

Earning My Ears
This is not in Orlando but I have a general rental car question that some of you may have some experience with.

I need a minivan and Alamo has a current special but there are blackout dates. My pickup date is the last date of the blackout dates. On the website if I requested a reservation beginning on the pickup/blackout date it would give me the higher rate for the entire time. It would let me make separate reservations - 1 for 1 day at the higher rate and another for the rest of the time at the discount rate. I called their 800 # to see if I could combine this over the phone and just get one reservation. Not surprisingly the person was difficult to understand and seemed to be pretty confused by my request. I ended up with separate reservation numbers at the rates I wanted. The agent seemed to indicate that I needed to book it that way but would not really need to drive back to the airport to check the van in and back out on the second day. Obviously it makes no sense for either Alamo or myself to do that - but the agent was very difficult to understand.

Does anyone have experience with a similar situation? When I pick up the car and explain this will they just push it through and allow me to keep the same van under both reservations without returning to the airport in the middle?

I haven't done it but, you would have to be veryu careful if they write up both reservations on the first day. It is too easy to do the first reservation normally but treat the second reservation as an early pickup, resulting in your being charged for the first day twice.

If they cancel the first reservation and treat the second reservation as an early pickup, that would be better for you.Just be sure that the rate is correct or lower for each and every day,.

More Disney tips:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

9/65 Disneyland
3/75 *World Inn (now Doubletree Club)
4/85 *Kon-Tiki (now Econolodge Hawaiian)
'80s Disneyland once or twice
7/94 Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans Riverside)
9/97 All Star Music
11/98 ASMu & first premium annual pass
12/98 *Knights Inn on 192
9/99 All Star Movies
12/00 All Star Sports & PAP#2
9/01 ASSp
11/01 ASSp
1/03 *Motel 6 & ASSp & PAP#3
11/03 Pop Century planned
* off site

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter