rental car rates

jjj444

DIS Veteran
Is $150 a good rate for a week with a compact car? This is a deal with thrifty and the Orlando magic card. Also if I reserve one can I get out of it if I find one cheaper? Thanks

JJJ,

Not sure about how competitive the rate is but you can usually cancel any reservation up until like 24 hours before the date. Check what Thrifty's policy is. Also just so you know, Thrifty is an off-airport renter, so you have catch their transport bus from the airport to thier office about a mile away.

Have you checked out Dollar? Using the Kiss2 code, I got a full week (mini-van) rental for $205. I don't know what their smaller vehicles run, but it can't hurt to look.

Joellyn

Yes I agree with Joellen, I got a mini for $350 for 10 days using KISS2 code at Dollar. That was $100 cheaper than anywhere else.

Definately check Dollar. We got 108.99 a week for an intermediate car in June.

jjj444,

Can you post the dates of your rental? Prices vary widely so your deal may be great depending on dates.

Does your price include all taxes?

Szymon

Actually i just used the KISS2 code on the dollar web-site and got $130 for the week. Someone tipped me off that dollar is in the airport do I thought using this deal will be much better. Thanks for the KISS2 code too! You guys are great.:cool1:

I'm having a problem using the Dollar codes. KSAD is supposed to work for all of Florida but for 3/26 to 4/2 (one week) I can't get the full size car rate of $118.99 to come up for a rental from Tampa. The dollar site shows $203 as the weekly rate for Tampa. Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?

I'm getting the code from here: http://www.park-and-fly-hotels.com/dollar.html

I am renting this friday through wednesday at Budget and used the offer code BCD: U092500 and I am getting a Intermediate (Chrysler Sebring or similar) for 167.60 including taxes and fees. Base rate 129.99

I may be a little on the slow side today but where do I put the code on the Dollar website? I haven't been able to get it to work. Is it just the corporate code??

Thanks!

EDIT: Never mind, I woke up! Thanks!

I am getting such high rates. do you think the rate changes because I am going at a peak time .
I would need the car from 3/30-4/3
I will pick it up at Mco but returning it to West palm beach. I won't need a car there.

I called dollar I am renting during the KISS2 codes blackout dates
but when I wouldn't rate she asked if I have any club cards. I have BJ's (actually I have my dads) and Get this ..it lowered the rate by over
50% :cool1:
it seems she didn't even charge me the cost of the one-way rental.
should i call back it a couple of days to make sure everything is correct?

I just checked online.. there was a cost for the one-way ($59) so the price is really good. I was getting such high quotes for that time

we used Kiss2 code for dollar.com also for April 20-28, got a Dodge Caliber for $162

What are your dates? I can't use the kiss2 code either because it's the July 4th week. I am a member of BJs, am I better off calling?:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter