rental car questions

goofysgirl

Mouseketeer
Has anyone rented from Avis since they have moved their location? I am in the process of getting a car for before and after the cruise and am wondering if I should stick with Avis or go to National? Does anyone know if there is anyone else with a drop off in Cocoa Beach? Dollar, Thrifty?? Thanks for the help
:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

I have used Hertz. The drop off is at Cape Canaveral on N. Atlantic and thye have a shuttle to the ship.

We found a great deal through National and they do have a drop-off in Cocoa Beach. You either take a cab from the National site to the cruise line or vice versa and National takes care of the tab. I've been really impressed by them in the past and they were by FAR the cheapest!

Hope that helped!

Kate

thanks everyone for all the help. Looks like Budget wins this round! They have the cheapest quote out there with the "Wal*Mart" discount code.

"walmart code"? Is that something we can all take advantage of? I have reserved through Budget but took the rate they gave me. Didnt know there was a coupon or code I could use.

We just got back from our cruise last Sat the 20th and used Avis from the Airport to cape canaveral, took a real nice shuttle bus, clean, airconditioned, to the Ship, and then did not need to call Avis when we returned, waited 5 min. and up they arrived to pick us up and take us to get a car to go back to the airport. We use a van with 5 of us and luggage and the vehicles are always brand new, clean, and friendly people. I am sure you can ask for a walmart discount, they do Sam's club too, same difference, and get just as good a rate from them as any other company.
Just our 2-cents.
3Dbunch
:jester: :jester: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Has anyone rented a car at the Orlando airport, took it to WDW for a week, then went to the cruise and turned it in at Cape Canaveral for the time during your cruise (we will be on a 7 day), then picked it up after the cruise and take it back to the airport?

Do they only charge you for that one week and a day then? How much was it (ball park figure--if it is even possible).

We are new to the whole travel thing, and don't know the ins and outs of things like car rentals, so if anyone can tell me how to do something like this, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!
DJ

westjones......... what you are describing can most certainly be done, but it will be two different rentals, and you probably won't get the same car for the second one. Depending on the rental company, size of the car and the time of year, the weekly rate (for the 7 day rental) could be anywhere from $150 to $300+. Daily rates, for the one day rental, are usually in the $40 and up range. Definitely check for discount codes at mousesavers.com.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter