Rental Car ques- size of standard suv

sne26

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to decide between a minivan and a standard SUV for our trip to Disney.

Does anyone know if a standard size SUV will have room in rear seats for 2 child's car seats and one adult? The one adult would be me, and I am a small person. Well, small meaning too thin, so I don't need much room.

I haven't decided which rental company yet, so I don't know which SUV they have listed on the website. I do know that I'll get the car from one of the companies that are located right in the Orlando airport. (w/o having to use a shuttle)

thanks!
Stacey

I own a Ford Explorer with a third row seat and I know my second row would accomodate 2 car seats & 1 adult, but I am not sure if you could fit your luggage into a standard explorer. If it had the third row it would be no problem. We are renting a vehicle comparable to an expedition Due to 2 adults, 2 teenagers & a child in a car seat. Good Luck

I own a Ford Explorer with a third row seat and I know my second row would accomodate 2 car seats & 1 adult, but I am not sure if you could fit your luggage into a standard explorer. If it had the third row it would be no problem. We are renting a vehicle comparable to an expedition Due to 2 adults, 2 teenagers & a child in a car seat. Good Luck

How much luggage do you think would fit? I'm hoping to get all of our stuff into one large suitcase, or two smaller suitcase; and two carry on bags. My dad is also coming, but he usually travels light- a small carry on bag or suitcase. He never checks his luggage, so I know his bag won't be large.

Oh, and we are going to bring 2 umbrella strollers instead of the big double stroller.

Do you think that would be too much stuff for the SUV?

The only other time we would need to worry about storage room would be when we went grocery shopping. I'm sure we wouldn't buy alot, but I'm sure we would get several plastic bags of groceries.

We rented a standard SUV from National in MCO last month. We didn't have car seats to deal with, but we got a Buick Rendezvous and 2 car seats and 1person probably would have fit in 1 row. It had a 3rd row which folded flat and left tons of room for luggage. At one point we had 4 large suitcases where the 3rd row would go and would of had plenty of room for some umbrella strollers.

We booked using Emerald Reserve (free membership at mousesavers.com) and also had the choice of a Jeep Grand Cherokee and one other one I can't remember. We also could have picked from Alamo's standard SUV's if we didn't like the choices at the National section. That's a nice benefit of emerald reserve, you can look at the choices of vehicles available right then and pick which one will work out best for your needs.

How much luggage do you think would fit? I'm hoping to get all of our stuff into one large suitcase, or two smaller suitcase; and two carry on bags. My dad is also coming, but he usually travels light- a small carry on bag or suitcase. He never checks his luggage, so I know his bag won't be large.

Oh, and we are going to bring 2 umbrella strollers instead of the big double stroller.

Do you think that would be too much stuff for the SUV?

The only other time we would need to worry about storage room would be when we went grocery shopping. I'm sure we wouldn't buy alot, but I'm sure we would get several plastic bags of groceries.

You may be cutting in close if it does not have the third row seat. Based on when you are going try going to a dealer just to look at the back of a standard explorer. That should be able to tell you if you can fit your luggage. As far as the strollers you can put those on the floor of the backseat by the carseats. Best of luck, but I would check into the price of the larger SUV and just so you know my husband so no way to a minivan because he felt it would be to small for all of us w/our luggage

You may be cutting in close if it does not have the third row seat. Based on when you are going try going to a dealer just to look at the back of a standard explorer. That should be able to tell you if you can fit your luggage. As far as the strollers you can put those on the floor of the backseat by the carseats. Best of luck, but I would check into the price of the larger SUV and just so you know my husband so no way to a minivan because he felt it would be to small for all of us w/our luggage

Wow! How many people do you have? We have 3 adults, 2 kids, 1 car seat, 1 large stroller, 2 suitcases each, 1 carry on each and still have room with a minivan rental. We get a minivan every year.

Tim/Hawk

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter