• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rental Car Insurance????

tinafromidaho

Mouseketeer
Do people usually take it out or not, I've never taken it out before, but I thought I might just for the peace of mind. What are your opinions?

Usually your regular car insurance covers when you rent a car. Call your agent to find out.

Many credit cards also offer it. Check with your credit card company to see if you are covered. If you aren't by either your car insurance or credit card you should take the coverage. It can be quite painful if you aren't covered and have an accident.

I think "Gold" or "platinum" credit cards are more likely to cover your insurance than the "basic" Visa or MCs.

I have total coverage on our vehichles which covers a rental car just like it were one of my own, but if there is an accident that I am at fault in or that the other driver is uninsured I guess the rental car agency can charge you for every day the car is in the shop being fixed thus unable to be rented. I'm really not worried about full blown accidents, more like someone hitting it in a parking lot and driving off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter