• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

rental car ins

LovinPooh

DIS Veteran
Do u buy it? I only have liability on my car. So i m tossin arounf the idea of gettin it.

Are you using a credit card for the rental? Many major credit cards provide insurance when the card is used for renting cars. Check with your CC company before paying for the insurance from the car rental agency.

I have read that sometimes it is a lot cheaper to add an option to cover rental cars to your own car insurance then buying the coverage from the car rental place

I have read that sometimes it is a lot cheaper to add an option to cover rental cars to your own car insurance then buying the coverage from the car rental place

Yes, from an upfront cost, but this is very state specific in terms of what is/is not covered. There is also the dreaded "loss of use fee" that is just a pain to deal with.

My Visa cc will cover the "lose of use" and my car insurance will cover everything else. Yours might too. Do check.

When you pick up the car listen very carefully, they tried to sneak one by me by saying, "So, you'll just go with the basic then?" Luckily I caught it and reiterated that I didn't want any.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter