Rental Car from Universal Hotel

Tiggr88

Never let facts get in the way of a good opinion
I'm booking a trip to Universal in late August. I'll stay on-site for 5 nights (probably at HRH) and then off-site (probably at Residence Inn Seaworld) for 5 -6 nights.

1. What is the best way to rent a car from a Universal hotel to keep as I move off-site?
  2. Is there a location nearby?
  3. Does anyone pick up from the hotel for free to bring me to the car rental location?
I don't really need the car while on-site at Universal and don't want to pay for those days plus the $15 per day parking fee at the resort, so I figure it would be best to go with a one week rental when I am already there.

I'll probably take a car service from MCO to the hotel (still cheaper than paying the days for the car I don't need and the parking). Worst case, I could turn it into a RT and have the car service bring me back to MCO to get the car. Right now, the rates were much cheaper from MCO than at any of the other Orlando locations for National.

I've always used National, but am not wedded to them. Whatever works best.

Your advice is greatly appreciated, especially from those that have done this.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter