Rental Car delivered at DVC

theoarn

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know the procedure for getting a rental car at DVC?
we only need it for oneday and usually use the magical express. So we don't want to get one at the airport when we first get there.

Theo

....from Orl Walt Disney Car Care will come & pick you @ your resort and drop you off when you are ready for turn in.....

Hope this helps

Robin & Angel "D" :santa:

We used Dollar which is in one of the hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd (Regal Sun I think). Took the bus to DTD marketplace and then walked to the hotel which is on the corner there. We have also rented from Alamo at the Swan.

We are checking into the same thing. Alamo has an office at the Dolphin Hotel. We will be at the Boardwalk Villas, which is right next door.

Does anyone know the procedure for getting a rental car at DVC?
we only need it for oneday and usually use the magical express. So we don't want to get one at the airport when we first get there.

Theo

Which DVC will you be at?

If you are staying at BCV or BWV the Alamo at the Swan can't be beat for convenience. Other than that there is an Alamo at the Car Care Center and they will send a shuttle for you anywhere on property.

If you are staying at BCV or BWV the Alamo at the Swan can't be beat for convenience. Other than that there is an Alamo at the Car Care Center and they will send a shuttle for you anywhere on property.

Correct, except that the Alamo counter is at the Dolphin rather than the Swan. The Dolphin counter is only open until 4:00 PM, I think, so if that time frame doesn't work then the Car Care Center is a great option.

Correct, except that the Alamo counter is at the Dolphin rather than the Swan. The Dolphin counter is only open until 4:00 PM, I think, so if that time frame doesn't work then the Car Care Center is a great option.

You are correct about the name and that is a great point about the closing time. The one time we used the Car Care Center was because we arrived late in the day and the Dolphin counter was closed.

Almost all the rental sites near WDW will pick you up adn drop you off

We are staying at the Boardwalk as well.

Then you can just walk over the bridge to pick up/return your Alamo car at the Dolphin. Sometimes the rates are even cheaper at the Dolphin than at the airport (sometimes not).

the dolphin alamo is extremelly convenient to the BWVs.
we usually checkin to the BWV, then just walk across to the dolphin. btw, the counter agents there are outstanding!!! their service is so good, we always try to bring them a cookie platter or other treat, as well as write a letter:) last year, the battery on our rental car was dead, in the BW lot. the alamo main # was useless, so i called the dolphin alamo directly (as they had initially told us to do if we had any problems, i just didn't want to bother them:angel:). the agent drove another car to us within 10 minutes :banana:

btw, although you have to pick up your car by 4pm, you can drop off after 4....just leave the car and keys with valet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter