• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rental Car Companies At MCO

Ms. Heimlich

I'm a beautiful butterfly, too!
Does anyone have any experience with rental car companies at MCO? Which are "onsite" and which are not?

I got a decent deal thru Thrifty. Anyone have any experience with them? Good or Bad?

Thanks!

Ms. H

Here's a link to MCO's website listing on and off-site rentals.

http://www.orlandoairports.net/ops/rac.htm

I have a freind who uses Thrifty there all the time and likes it very much. I've used Hertz off-site - service was great but really didn't like the shuttle issue when there were other companies on site for similar prices.

Dirk

Thanks carolina_yankee!

I was worried that Thrifty would be lacking in service/quality. The price I got was pretty low...

Anyone else use Thrifty?

I've used Thrifty many places, including Orlando, and have never had problems. The only downside to using them in Orlando is that you do have to take a shuttle, whereas some other companies are located right there at the airport. It doesn't take very long, but if you're in a time crunch (like if you're coming off a cruise and don't have much time before your flight), it's not ideal.

We just got back from a trip to Universal Studios in June. We flew into MCO and used Dollar rental car company. It was very easy. They are on grounds. Walked up to the counter, then across the street to the parking garage where the vehicle was located. Returns were very simple too. Followed the signs for car rental returns back through the airport. Signs were clearly marked and very simple. Pulled up at the returns, a person with a scanner put the plate number in and printed me out a receipt, gave my key to them and I was on my way. Very simple. Hope this helps.

My family and I always rent from Avis and they have always been amaizing, so I would recommend them anytime.

We use to rent from National, however the two times we did we had some problems with them. The 1st time it took their employee 20 - 30 minutes to figure out how to work her computer, until she asked for help. The 2nd time we had a coupon for them because we were members of the Disney Club, however at 1st my Dad could not find the coupon and their employee was very rude and said without it we could not get our car, even though all our other information was correct. My Dad eventually found the coupon and I realize that part was his fault, but there was no need for the National employee to be so rude. So that was the last time we have ever rented with them.

I have used Alamo, Budget and Dollar. Budget and and Dollar are the best. It would be in your best interest to sign up for their free express programs. It saves a huge amount of time. Budget you just walk out to the kiosk in the garage across the street get your keys and off you go. With Dollar you go to the express line in the terminal then out to the kiosk, one step more but still good. I'm actually going with National this time. They have an express program too, hopefully it's just as good.

If you're a member of the Auto Club, you can usually save tons of money renting from Hertz Local Edition, and one huge perk is not being socked with lots of junk fees that many airports tack on to your bill, and Orlando is no exception in that sorry regard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter