Rental Car Advice Needed

mickeysaver

<font color=blue>WINNER of the world's worst limer
Ok, my honey's mom sent her some cash, so we have a much more comfortable option for our December trip than driving either of our gas guzzling trucks. I need to know where can I find a good deal on a bigger car with good gas milage. We will need the car for 10 days in mid-December. Any good leads that you guys know about? I have priced out the options and so far the best that I can come up with are below. Can anyone top this?
TIA Maggie

Hertz via Expedia
3050 SATELLITE BLVD, DULUTH, GEORGIA Per Week Total
Midsize Car Hertz Unlimited $148.99 $272.83
Standard Car Hertz Unlimited $168.99 $306.75

Budget via Expedia
5570 JIMMY CARTER BLVD, NORCROSS, GEORGIA
Midsize Car Budget $169.99 $297.88
Standard Car Budget $189.98 $331.79

Thrify via Expedia
461 WEST PIKE ST, LAWRENCEVILLE, GEORGIA 30245
Midsize Car Thrifty Unlimited $169.99 $327.94
Standard Car Thrifty Unlimited $199.99 $383.53

Hotwire has the best prices on rentals. The only catch is they hide the company name until after you book.

We used this service for six days in aug. and got a full size for $18/day through Avis. When we got to the counter we were able to upgrade for an additional $10/day. This is 1/3 to 1/4 the price quoted on the Avis website. The van even had intergrated child safety seats. :banana: :banana: :banana:

You might want to try visiting the individual car company's websites and using rate codes and coupons that you'll find at RentalCodes.com and MouseSavers.com . It's possible to get an even lower rate if you really dig for them. If you have the Entertainment Book for 2005 (any city), it should have coupons in it that are good until the end of the year. With them, you can get free upgrades, a free day, free tank of gas or $$ off the rental price. Good luck.

Just be aware that not all rental cars can be driven out of state. We ran into this in Colorado once when we booked the cheapest and found we couldn't take it into New Mexico. I would be afraid to use priceline or hotwire because of this for a long trip.

Someone posted a link here recently to join National's Emerald Club for free. You might do a search to find it. I've been a member for years and find them always within a few dollars of the cheapest and they are great as far as their restrictions.

Sheila

Be Careful about the size of the car as well.

What I would normally call a mid-sized car, the agencies usually call full.

Ford Taurus to me is mid-size.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter