Rental Cabins/houses in Pigeon Forge area

Minnie's Pal

<font color=blue>Wants to float above Castaway Cay
Possibly looking in to renting a cabin/house in the Pigeon Forge area for a family reunion. Will need around 6+ bedrooms. Can anyone recommend a company that you have had a good experience with? And any house reviews (or a website that I could go to that has specific house reviews.)

We normally use our camper when traveling, so we are completely out of the loop on this type of thing.

I agree w/ PP about Sunset Cottage. We have rented from them several times. The last time we had to cancel due to a personal health emergency. Even though it was w/in 7 days, they gave us a FULL refund! And told me that they were sorry about the health issue and that they hoped I would feel better soon! I won't rent from anyone, but Sunset!!!!!!!

I am sitting here in pigeon forge right now..lol You'll love it no matter where you stay. What area would you like to be in down here, gatlinburg or pigeon forge. Also do you want to be closer to downtown or in the mts??

We also rented thru Sunset cottage. We only had a problem once...they tried to charge us too much, and then when they tried to figure it out in their head, it was still wrong (we had 30% off our stay for booking early or something) After we got that all fixed, our stay was *wonderful!

We'll be there again this Summer, it's about 4.5 hours from us and so much fun for the family.

We rented from Timber Tops and had a good experience. We only stayed in the cabin 2 nights, but we enjoyed every minute. Very close to Dollywood, and there was a place to horseback ride within a few miles.

Check out www.Edencrest.net in the Bear Creek Crossing resort. they have some very nice cabin rentals, also some larger cabins. We stayed with them last summer. The resort is pretty, they have an indoor and outdoor swimming pool, also a miniature golf course. The area is so nice have fun. :goodvibes

Did you do a search? There have been a couple of good threads on this area recently.

I only know because we were planning a trip to that area ourselves in May. Then we had a house fire which threw a huge monkey wrench in our plans (and vacation savings). Sad. :(

oakhavenresort.com (I don't know how to insert a link - sorry).

My boss and her family stayed at the Oak Haven Resort and thought it was great.

We are trying to book at cabin for July and we are torn between Elk Springs Resort & Gatlinburg Falls. Any thoughts?

I will second the recommendation for Oak Haven Resort. My extended family has done a family reunion there every summer for the last 6 years. The homes have fantastic amenities and the club pool is nice. Yes, you have to drive into Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, but the drive isn't bad. We've been renting the 5 bedroom cabins, but we'll need to move up to 6 bedrooms pretty soon.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

I have to get in on this too...my friend keeps talking about it. She wants us to take a trip from Nj and go to Dollywood.

Thank you for all of the suggestions. Now just finding the time to research all of this stuff. (I'm going for clean - this is going to kill me. As a camper, it's very hard for me to sleep in rental houses. It really creeps me out.)

We are going to try to keep close to the Sevierville/Pigeon Forge area (since that is where we come in from.)

We live in Knoxville and DH works in Sevier County (home of Sevierville, Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg). We have stayed at Eagles Ridge quite frequently--including this past weekend for 16th wedding anniversary.

eaglesridge.com-----beautiful cabins of all sizes, feels like you're away from it all but only 5 minutes from the center of Pigeon Forge.

You mentioned you want to stay in the Sevierville/PF area. Sevierville is about 15 minutes from I-40, Pigeon Forge is only 2 minutes further, and Gatlinburg is only about 10 minutes from Pigeon Forge. Take I-40 down to 66 and all 3 towns are on US 441.

Have fun!!!

We have stayed in many different cabins owned by different rental agencies. If I knew more about the amenities you need (pool table, hot tubs, privacy or not, etc.), I could probably recommend several. At some of the resorts, the cabins are within a few feet of each other. I don't know if this would be a factor in your decision or not, but it is something to think about. PM me if you want, I'd be happy to help!:goodvibes

We have stayed in many different cabins owned by different rental agencies. If I knew more about the amenities you need (pool table, hot tubs, privacy or not, etc.), I could probably recommend several. At some of the resorts, the cabins are within a few feet of each other. I don't know if this would be a factor in your decision or not, but it is something to think about. PM me if you want, I'd be happy to help!:goodvibes

Definitely don't want a cabin that's right on top of the one beside of it. (I noticed that in some of the pictures.) There are no really amenities that we need other than space. When we did this in the past, we would all play cards, watch movies, etc. Maybe if we were in a resort type place, a pool that would be close by (AKA - within walking distance) or we probably wouldn't use it either. Or playground for the younger kids.

I know all of those locations are close but the traffic congestion doesn't seem to be as bad in Sevierville. That is why I prefer it or that side of Pigeon Forge. (Plus, to be honest, I'm so use to planning around having the camper, I didn't think about us being able to come in any different ways.)

Here are a few good sites to try. You can view the cabins' interiors as well as their ammenities.

cabinfevervacations.com
mountainchalets.com
mountainlaurelchalets.com
jacksonmountainhomes.com

We have used Cabin Fever Vacations and Jackson Mtn. Homes in the past and found them to be good to work with. It depends on the time of year as to how heavy the traffic is. The worst traffic is either on the strip in downtown Gatlinburg or trying to enter Pigeon Forge from Sevierville on 441. Good Luck! :goodvibes

Possibly looking in to renting a cabin/house in the Pigeon Forge area for a family reunion. Will need around 6+ bedrooms. Can anyone recommend a company that you have had a good experience with? And any house reviews (or a website that I could go to that has specific house reviews.)

We normally use our camper when traveling, so we are completely out of the loop on this type of thing.

We have stayed with Timber Tops in the past and really enjoyed it, but on our latest trip to Pigeon Forge, we took my wife's entire family and needed 8br.

We settled on Volunteer Cabin Rentals, and cabin called "Eight is Enough". It was a great cabin, though not much of a view. It was easily accessible with no scary hills to climb.

Try this, and have a good trip! :)

Well, apparently my post count is too low to post a link, but try this:
volunteercabinrentals dot com/pigeon-forge-cabins/eight_is_enough/eight_is_enough.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter