RENT review! (Adam and Anthony...welcome back!!)

tinkerbelle22

<font color=red>I love trip reports<br><font color
Oh. My. God. That would be all I have to say, but I feel the need to inform :cool1: I attended the 8:00 performance last night of Rent. Not just any performance though, Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal, the original Mark and Roger (and the Mark and Roger in the movie) returned to the Nederlander theater stage after about 11 years. I must say, it was a night to remember. As some of you know, the lights don't go down or anything, Mark and Roger just walk right on. So the second they set foot on stage, the crowd (made up mostly of girls and guys ages 14-25) went absolutely insane. I'm talking ear drum exploding insane. Then we gave them an at least 5 minute standing ovation.
So...the show. Well, Tamyra Gray from American Idol was Mimi, and she brought the house down during Out Tonight. I honestly thought she would get a standing O too. She's also an amazing actress and dancer. She cried at least 3 times, and her Without You was so touching and realistic. There was this cute part in Light my Candle when Tamyra did a little dance during "no, with my father" and Adam copied her dance for "I'm Roger". Cute. Maureen, Nicolette Hart, was hysterical. I got a few pics of her afterwards, they're on my friends' camera. None with her though, because we didn't even stay to see Adam and Anthony come out of the stage door. I'm telling you, the entire audience decided to go to the stage door. So the streets and stuff were blocked off, it was dumb. We left. But overall, the show was out of this world. I know some of you are going within the next few weeks, if so, have fun! It'll be amazing. If you haven't seen Rent...see it on Broadway or on the tour. IMO, it's such a great experience live, much different than the movie. XOXO! :)
rent2.jpg

I want to see it so bad! I'm like secretly hoping someone illegaly (sp?) taped it and posts a song or two with them on YouTube :goodvibes Just so I can see LOL. Did they just do one show?

I think I am going to try to make it to one of their shows while they're still here.
Glad you had a good time!

*SQUEEE* I can not WAIT until August 11th. :)

So glad you enjoyed it, and that they were still amazing. I'm staying at stage door though, no matter how crowded it is. I want pics with my Adam and Anthony. lol

*SQUEEE* I can not WAIT until August 11th. :)

So glad you enjoyed it, and that they were still amazing. I'm staying at stage door though, no matter how crowded it is. I want pics with my Adam and Anthony. lol

Yeah, I kinda wimped out with the stage door. But I'm going back into the city soon with my aunt and my mom, maybe we can stop by and get some pictures with them or something :)

I wanted to go so bad! I've seen Rent on Broadway a few times, but never with any of the original cast. I did see Adam in Aida, though, and he was AMAZING!!

I am so amazingly jealous. If I ever got to see the dynamic duo again, I'd die. And then meet birthday-buddy-boy (aka Adam)... oh dear oz, someone would have to catch me when i pass out!

I'm so glad to hear it's still on Broadway (I was just wondering about this)! I saw it at The Merriam in Philadelphia in '98, and it was amazing. I have most of the soundtrack downloaded onto my ipod--- so I still listen to it constantly. My favorite show ever! I really want my husband to take me to NYC to see it again. Thanks for the review!!!!! My favorite actor from the original cast is Jesse Martin (I love Taye Diggs as well)--- I'd give anything to see it with them.

Looks like I'll be seeing this show for my birthday either in late August or early September with some friends...:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter