Rent Points or Moderate?

tcycmc

Earning My Ears
Ok. As you all can see I am very undecided about my upcoming trip. I am convinced that staying on property is the best bet but now the question is where. Although cost is an issue I am leary of the Value Resort. Am I better off renting points for a studio or going with the moderates? It seems like they would be just about the same price.

From what we've seen, the moderates are a major step up in quality over the value resorts, for not a whole lot more money (but, shhh!, nobody tell Michael Eisner!)

Unless you are staying at OKW, the DVC studios are all one real bed + one foldout sofabed.

Rent points! Rent points! :Pinkbounc

It's a great deal! You get a deluxe resort for a great price. Have you scoped out any of the resorts and the studio rooms? I've been in the studios at VWL and BCV and they are nice :) The kitchenette is also an added bonus ;)

Good luck :teeth:

Have they upgraded the studios recently?

The kitchenettes in 1 BRs are nice, but the studios I looked at only had a small sink and a dorm-side frig next to the closet.

To be fair, that frig was the same as you get for $10/night at other resorts.

I guess I don't consider a studio at a deluxe and a moderate room comparable. Nothing is wrong with the moderates, we will be staying at one in the near future. However, there are quite a few differences.

*Studio rooms are bigger
*Studio rooms come with kitchenette that includes sink, mini bar, microwave and fridge....you have to pay for a fridge at the mods
*Studios come with balonies and except for OKW, they are inside entrances.

No, the rooms haven't been upgraded...here are the kitchenettes:

bwstudio1.jpg

..I would go for the DVC studio, we own DVC and have rented points to friends and they have stayed in the studios and love it.
Please keep in mind that maid service is not included the entire time of your stay. There is a towel and trash day every three days of your stay. That would be the biggest difference between DVC and Moderates. Now you can pay for daily maid service, but then that defeats the purpose of not staying at a moderate (it might be more costly to stay in the studio).
But on the plus side you do get the fridge and microwave and the DVC resorts just seem more "upscale" in MHO. Plus if you stay at BCV or Boardwalk - LOCATION, LOCATION,LOCATION!!!!

Where ever you finally decide to stay enjoy, after all it's DISNEY!!!

If you decide you want to rent points, don't wait too long to do it. You need to have your reservation a minimum of 60 days ahead of time, except during the busy times. Then you need to have your reservation 11 months ahead of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter