Rent car at MCO or ME and rent later?????

TheMorgans

Mouseketeer
In all of our previous trips we have rented a car at MCO, but this time we are considering taking ME (trying something new) and renting a car later. Since
this will be new I have questions.?.? :confused3 :confused3

1. How long does it take on the ME to arrive at All Star Movies --- I know times can vary but what is average or to be expected??? :teleport:

2. Is it quicker to rent the car at MCO and drive to the resort? I usually use National or Alamo. :car:

3. Where are the locations that I can rent a car after I get to WDW? Which rental agencies are available? :confused:

4. How many hours before my return flight do I have to leave on ME? How long is the return ride to MCO? :wave:

5. How can I save the most money? :scratchin

Just some additional info that may help.....
Our flight arrives on a Saturday around 1:30 pm (if that makes a difference). We only "need" a car for part of our trip but it is nice to have one available anytime you may want to use it. We also do not have to have a certain size or class of car this time.

1. Every time I've used ME it was 45-60 min tops
2. Could be quicker, could not, depends on luggage arrival, efficiency of rental counter, etc
3. National and Alamo have locations at the Car Care Center and the Swan or Dolphin. Enterprise will come pick you up. National and Alamo will pick you up from your resort and take you to their on property locations. I'm going down in January and it's actually cheaper to rent on property using a code I got off of Mousesavers. I'm renting 3 vehicles (taking my whole college class for a class, no really). I'm renting on property and saving a bundle.
4. ME usually wants to pick you up 3 hours early. I've taken up to 1.5 hours to get back if we are the first resort and they stop at several. That's a bummer, but it is free.
5. as I said in 3, it's cheaper for me on property. You might look at picking up on property and returning at MCO as another possibility. Just a thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter