Renovating prices.

Disney Ontario

Ontario Disney
Hi. we want to start and do small repairs and upgrades to our home, so we can hopefully sell next year. What is the cheapest home improvment store here in Ontario? We want to like paint, new carpets, bathroom sink,countertops ect.

I started gutting our main bathroom this week, and although we're not doing it on the cheap (we plan on staying in the house for a while) we've found Home Depot has an excellent selection and decent prices - generally better than Rona. And although I have no direct experience with them (they're not in London yet), I've heard Lowe's is also a good place to look. According to their web site they have a store in Brantford and another in Hamilton - spitting distance from Paris.

- Mike

We've done a ton of DIY renos, and I'd agree that Home Depot has better selection than Rona. We find that Rona is fine for tools, screws, wire, etc, but for fixtures, flooring, paint, Home Depot tends to carry better quality products.
Although if you are thinking of having Home Depot install something (like flooring or cabinets) I'd check around with specialty stores first. Often the final installed price on those things ends up being more expensive through HD. If you're doing it yourself then it's not an issue.

For paint we love Benjamin Moore - great colour selection and quality paint, although more expensive than the brands at the hardware stores.

Hi neighbour! :goodvibes
We also live in Paris and just sold our house about 6 weeks ago. We had decided to do some small projects to freshen things up before we listed our house for sale and found that LOWE's was the great to work with. (We did some painting, replaced 1 bathroom counter/sink, new bathroom floor) We also used Simpson's Flooring (on Paris Rd) for bedroom carpets and got a great deal.
Good luck!!!
Erin

Hi Erin. The other half of our semi here on Telfer court just also sold, the day the got their sign up. Thier agent said that ours would also sell quick but it would take us about a year to get it all upgrated to our satisfaction.

I'm sure it won't take long for you to sell at all. Ours was sold before the actual "for sale" sign was in our front lawn....it was a dream!!! We had an amazing real estate agent too! The houses here in Paris don't seem to be on the market for too long.
Good luck whatever you decide!
Erin

Erin. Hi again. I just found out on facebook that my DH's cousing. here in Paris,up by the two new schools just sold and it only took two weeks.Where are yous moving to?

Erin. Hi again. I just found out on facebook that my DH's cousing. here in Paris,up by the two new schools just sold and it only took two weeks.Where are yous moving to?

We bought in the St.Catharines area. As much as I love Paris, I am really looking forward to the move and being closer to family! (and being close to the Buffalo airport..lol) I was hoping for a summer move (so my son wouldn't have to change schools mid-year) but the time was right and my house sold very quick! I did forgot how stressful moving is though....:headache:
Erin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter