• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Renewing Vows at HH?

reneesam

DIS Veteran<br><font color=purple>Tag fairies do n
Has anyone renewed vows at HH? We're planning our first trip next summer and are considering having a small ceremony to renew our vows (10th), preferably at the resort. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Renee

We didn't renew our vows there, but we were married there two years ago, in January 2001. Our plan was to be married on the fishing pier at sunset but had to change it. When we arrived the week of the wedding, we found that the dredging barge was operating near the pier and the loud deisel motor was very distracting.

So, we moved the ceremony to the Beach House pier and was married at sunset on the pier with the ocean as a backdrop. We signed the papers in the community room - which was our alternate ceremony place if it had been raining.

I have a photo of the signing on my webpage.

Thank you and congrats! Great web page! I'll keep you posted if we decide to proceed with the idea. Who performed the ceremony, if you don't mind my asking?

This is going to sound like I got the bellhop to marry us, but in fact, you can be married in South Carolina by a Notary Public, which is who we used. We had to drive over to Bufort to get the wedding license and wait 24 hours.

We used Gail Felton. http://www.hiltonheadisland.com/weddings/

This is what DW, then fiancee, and I were going to do last year. We live near Savannah and were going to go to Ridgeland, SC and get a "quickie"marriage. SC doesn't require a blood test but they do have a 1 day waiting period after you get your license. We were going to FL anyway for our honeymoon so I started researching their laws and they have a 1 day wait for residents but none for out of state so we just skipped SC all together and went to St Augustine and got married by the JOP there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter