Renewing Childs Passport

nicolet

On the Fantasy in November!
I need to renew my childs passport. Does anyone know the form that I fill out. It doesn't look like they do the renewel form but another application form. Does this seem correct?

You have to apply again for a new passport. You can still submit their original passport as proof of citizenship along with an original birth certificate. The us government does not renew paaaports for minors,

I just recently applied for a new one for my kids! (Really it's a renewal) and it took only about 3 weeks for it to come in!

Is the price for a new passport or a renewal?

It is the price for a new Child's passport, which is $85 plus the processing fee which is usually $25 (two different checks) unless you do expedited service. You have to use a processor since it is an original application, and you must appear in person, with the child.

Nancy

Same exact process as the original application. The only difference for us when we renewed/reapplied for child passport is that the post office only sent their original passport with application and not birth certificate. Have both on hand of course.

Same exact process as the original application. The only difference for us when we renewed/reapplied for child passport is that the post office only sent their original passport with application and not birth certificate. Have both on hand of course.

They really should send the birth certificate. The passport does not list who the parent(s) are, and one of the requirements for a child's passport is that the parents' names are required.

Nancy

I just renewed my kids passports and birth certificates were required and sent in. Today in the mail were the old passports and birth certificates - about a week after I received the new passports.

Two separate times, two different clerks, old passport was the only thing sent with applications.

I had birth certificates in hand, they just didn't send them.

Good idea to have both ;) on hand because of different experiences.

I just made an appointment to get my DD's passport renewed - here's what the agent told me to bring:

• BF11 form - not signed until in front of the agent at the appointment
  • Both an original BC and the old passport, but that they would probably just send the old passport in. I assume since proof of parentage was required for the first one - and it's checked on the BC by the agent in the office - that the government is okay that the child is still the same child they were the first time. But we'll send in whatever they request us to - if we don't get the passport in time, we have extra BCs, just in case. :thumbsup2
  • Photocopies of Mom & Dad's driver's licenses - front and back on the same side of one sheet of paper each, and legible. He seemed to think that was the most difficult requirement for most people! :rotfl:

He didn't specifically mention photos, but of course you'll need those as well.

Good luck! I'm hoping processing times are quick, since we leave at the end of June, but it's closed-loop so if she has to sail on a BC, we'll survive. ;)

I just made an appointment to get my DD's passport renewed - here's what the agent told me to bring:

• Photocopies of Mom & Dad's driver's licenses - front and back on the same side of one sheet of paper each, and legible. He seemed to think that was the most difficult requirement for most people! :rotfl:

It actually may be the hardest thing. Have you tried to photocopy a license lately? With all the holograms and security things, it is really hard to get a good copy without glare taking out a piece of information, and then to have to do it on both sides? Tough.

I had to send a copy of my license to DCL and it took several tries, and even then the TA wasn't sure if it was good enough.

Nancy

It actually may be the hardest thing. Have you tried to photocopy a license lately? With all the holograms and security things, it is really hard to get a good copy without glare taking out a piece of information, and then to have to do it on both sides? Tough.

I had to send a copy of my license to DCL and it took several tries, and even then the TA wasn't sure if it was good enough.

We have a multi-function printer and we have photocopied DLs recently - but I know what you mean. I was actually considering taking pictures of the front and back of my DL with my iPhone and just printing those images out on the same sheet of paper. It might actually work better, and he said the copies could be color or BW.

The worst part (to me) is that mom AND dad must both show up in person at the passport appointment. A total PITA. But I get why they do it. If one party can't show up, there are instructions for a notarized form. Again, PITA.

We just renewed our kids passport last week. We forgot the birth certificates but live close enough we were able to drop off copies that afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter