Renewed, Reunited and Finding Our Hillbilly Bone- An Oct. TR- UPDATED 4/16

I'm subbing in! It looks like you had a great first day! I can't even imagine stuffing all that stuff into one day. I would be exhausted! :rotfl:

:welcome: archdandy! Glad to have you along. Yes, we did a lot that first day, and there is still more to come! We are what I guess you'd call laid back commandos. We are there at open and generally stay until the end of the day, but I don't plan out every ride in order and what time we should be at what attraction. We just kind of make our decisions as we go along. This day was a little more packed and planned out that normal due to the Mom's panel thing.

It was exhausting, but fun! We slept well that night.

We arrive for an evening at the Magic Kingdom. Rather than head off to ride anything, we decided we’d just chill out and watch MSEP. Now, I love a parade. I really do. But for some reason most of the parades at WDW just leave me feeling lukewarm. I haven’t watched the afternoon parade at MK in a couple of years, and until they change it, I don’t imagine that I will see it. This would be the first trip we would see the AK parade (so I’ll save my thoughts on that one), and the one time I saw the HS parade was enough. I wasn’t a huge fan of SpectroMagic, and only like MSEP slightly better. It has the kitsch factor going for it. For me the night parades are something to do while waiting to see Wishes. On this occasion though, it had been a long day, and I knew the place would be packed for the evening fireworks so, we grabbed us a spot outside of the Emporium to wait.

We nabbed our spot pretty early, so I tell DD to hold my spot while I jump in to the Emporium real quick to find a pin. The CM working to door tells me, they don’t have the pin. Since they didn’t have the pin, I decided to make a quick dash back to the apparel section to look for a Nerds shirt. DD’s school was having Spirit Week once the fall break was over. Each day will have a “theme”, and one of these is Nerd Day. We decided before hand that she should go as a cool Nerd and we’d see if we could find or make a Nerds t-shirt at WDW. It was packed in there, and on my way back to the ladies section I see a “wall” of CMs in the hat area. Turns out a CMs was laid out in the floor with a couple of EMTs hovering over her. CMs were surrounding the area to give the EMTs room to do their job. Whilst passing through, I heard someone say the young lady was new CM and has passed out. Poor thing. I can see where working somewhere like that on a really busy day could be physically overwhelming if you are not used to the kind of work that requires being on your feet a lot.

When I reach my destination, I find one really cute shirt with a nerd Minnie. I would have purchased it then and there, but Minnie was pink and my DD has attitude about the color pink. I blame myself. I dressed her in a lot of pink when she was little.

Rather than go back the way I came through, I exited on to Main St. and walked back down the sidewalk to our spot. At this point I became the keeper of the balloons. Nice. I got everything arranged so I was essentially holding one balloon creation, and set it down on top of the trash can. While we were waiting, a woman with a couple of kids, one of which was in a stroller, moved in behind us. The child in the stroller was a little girl, and she was enamoured with my balloon crown, and it was clear she really wanted to get a closer look. I offered to let her hold the balloon and check it out. Honestly if she didn’t have a sibling nearby, I would have told the mom they could have it. I was pretty tired of keeping up with the thing. Then something sort of funny happened. A CM was walking the streets sweeping up trash and what not, and comes over to the trashcan where we were standing. He then attempts to take the 3ft. tall balloon hat that I had resting on top of the trash can and throw it away. He was pretty surprised when he found someone was actually holding on to it. I know it wasn’t pretty, but trash? LOL. I had to laugh to myself. I guess they see all sorts of interesting things just left on top trash cans.

It is about time for the parade to start when a woman and her two pre-teens find themselves out on Main St. with no spot. Seeing the trashcan, the woman points it out to her kids and the all head over to it and sit in front of it…on the street. Well you can guess how that went over. A CM tells them they have to move so she tells her kids to squeeze in on the curb next to the trash can. First time I’ve experienced that one. While it didn’t affect me (well it affected my pictures b/c they kept standing up), I felt bad for the family standing next to us. Dad was none to happy I can tell you. I let the little girl who had admired my hat get in front of me so she could see, and the parade kicked off. Let the kitschy fun begin!

6337395605_de118bedfe.jpg

6338151202_f1e84856be.jpg

6337395915_dccddd97d4.jpg

6338147772_c7d91bd135.jpg

6337301155_9453f6baf8.jpg

6337401401_ecbc452e89.jpg

Here’s my question, are Pete and his Dragon no longer in the parade? I hope they still are b/c they are one of my favorites. They were missing this run, and I didn’t see the second parade to see if they were in that one. As the parade wraps up, we head back into the Emporium. I show DD the Nerd shirt, which shockingly she likes. We decide to check out other shops for more merch though. There were slim pickings at the Emporium. We walk through Emporium and out through Casey’s to go find a place for the special Wishes.

I would have preferred to stay in the general area of CP, but it is packed and there isn’t room so we head a little closer to the castle. The MM&Y show is kicking off so we stop and watch it. I really like this show even if they did not use the AWESOME picture of my DD and niece with Cinderella I submitted to the Memories website. Once the show is over the CMs start telling people to move off the sidewalks and fill in the street area of the hub. No one moves. You don’t have to tell me twice, though. We weave our way through and stand in the street as directed. Ah a little bit of breathing room.

It isn’t long and the special Wishes kicks off. So what was special about it? Well for starters Tink did not fly! It wasn’t particularly windy nor was there any sort of weather in the area, so I was completely befuddled why she didn’t fly. I can only assume something was up with the equipment. Let me tell you there is quite a hole in the show with out her flight. The true specialness of the show was the addition of 180° fireworks and a beefed up finale. It was super cool. I love 180° fireworks, and wish they’d make them a permanent part of the show.

Special Wishes over, it was time to exit with a gazillion other people. I had been hoping the exit wouldn’t be quite as bad as it normally is since the park was open until midnight. And it wasn’t, it was worse. There was no moving. Hoards of people were trying to leave, and hoards were trying to get in. People were getting really hot under the collar. We tried in vain to make our way to one of the sidewalks so we could escape through the shops. Fifteen minutes after the show had ended, we finally made it from the back end of the hub to the near walkway that goes to the Tomorrowland Noodle place. Yeah, it was that bad. That would take you all of a minute to walk that on an ordinary day. Mercifully as we neared the sidewalk a CM yells out, “You want to leave, come this way!” Again, you don’t have to tell me twice. We follow the CM directions and exit through a backstage area. I wish there was something cool I could share about the backstage area, but there wasn’t.

A quick five minute or so walk later we were exiting the park. As we were heading to the buses, we talked about the craziness that just ensued. We saw a good number of people entering the park, so it was clear that there were quite a few people pushing their way in while many were trying to get out. I couldn’t help but think of the scene in Finding Nemo when the tuna were trapped in the net and Nemo was screaming at them to swim down. I told my DD my thoughts and said I should have started shouting out “Swim down. Swim down” to lighten the mood. She was unimpressed with my attempt at humor. Reaching the bus stop, our good bus luck would continue. The line was pretty much non-existent and a bus pulled up within minutes!

We had to take a detour through CBR due to the F&W race that was about to start. There was slight moment of panic on the bus from a handful of folks who missed the announcement about the detour. We arrived back “home” around 11:00. Not bad considering the odyssey getting out of the park and the detour.

So the 40th anniversary for us was action packed without really “doing” stuff. Very few attractions were visited, and there was a lot of waiting around. We did enjoy spending time with our friends, we had a great time at the meet and greet, and of course HDDR. We can say we were there, which is always nice. Now to plan for the 50th….

We hit the sack as it would an early morning adventure at Animal Kingdom. I wanted to be there bright and early so we could get on KS first thing. Would we make it? You’ll just have to stay tuned to find out.

What ?? DD not like pink ?? Blasphemy !! I love me some pink. You really did get some great parade photos! Wow!! I would be sad to find that Pete and Elliot aren't in the parade any more. Hopefully, there was just something wrong with the float. We figured that MK would be crazy that night and it was at the end of our trip, so we were super tired. Looking forward to seeing how your AK day went !!

Happily I made up nice and early. I ended up deciding that morning, that despite the fact I really didn’t want to drive to AK, it would probably be for the best since we had a reservation at Boma that evening. I didn’t want to chance that there wouldn’t be a bus available back to AK since our reservation was pretty close to when AK would be closing for the day. I really do not like driving to AK. Nothing about it appeals to me. It is only slightly less of an ordeal than driving to MK…in my experience anyway. So since we’d had such a long day the day previous, I took my time getting myself together and let DD sleep in a little bit. When I get around to waking her up I head to Everything Pop to pick up pastries for b’fast. We shove off about 30 min. before park open, and I deal with the fact I will probably not make rope drop, but we will still get an early safari ride, and for that I’m excited.

We make the short drive to AK, and as we approach the gates, it is a sea of brake lights. Good grief! Why oh why didn’t we just take the bus! I’m wishing there was a lane for pass holders and resort guests so we could wave on through. We eventually get through the gates and parked. I’m a little worried about what we will find at the turnstiles. We’ve arrived at AK in the morning on a couple of occasions to be met with this incredible log jam of people and found our longest wait of the day to be at the turnstiles. Weird, wild stuff. Happily though, we made it through the turnstiles pretty quickly. We haul it back to Kilimanjaro Safaris. When we approach the posted wait is 10 min. We are on a truck in 5. Woo Hoo!

I highly recommend the early safari. I’ve been pretty early in the day before, but what a difference being there pretty close to park open makes. Forget that EE FP and haul it to the safari! We saw so many animals and they were out and active as opposed to hiding in the trees.

We saw this rare site… hippo out of water.

6348703359_742563b1df.jpg

Most of the crocs were just chillin’ as usual, but we did see one or two waddle around.

6351231913_bc6c0df0eb.jpg

Ah, giraffes on the savanna.

6349458168_ab10a87abb.jpg

6348713575_4186aa1a70.jpg

6349468408_603f781bfc.jpg

This was the funniest thing. There were three (only caught two) giraffe that were following one of antelope type animals (again, not really in frame) around the savanna. It was like watching ducklings follow their mother.

6349460882_a42e38a755.jpg

This was the first time in a very long time that we have seen the baboons.

6348721031_bb44dc6706.jpg

More pictures along the way.

6348723565_503ed9874e.jpg

6349478804_e567191552.jpg

Awww...baby elephant.

6349487112_c32dee8062.jpg

We came to the cheetah area. Now if you even see these animals they are way in the back hiding under the trees. It was exciting to see this one up and roaming.
6348747969_8771b749f9.jpg

There are usually two cheetas in this area. The second one was hiding in the trees. People were oo-ing and ah-ing over the fact the one hiding in the trees had a baby with her. The guide didn’t mention there being a new edition, but it really did look like she had a cub sitting with her. I tried to get a picture, but it was so dark you can't even see her in the picture.

Here's Pumba!!

6349505340_dbbd27a031.jpg

6349507646_1f7714b61c.jpg

It was a great safari! No lions, but they are divas and it is hard to get a glimpse of them nomally. We grabbed a fast pass on our way out to come back later.

We decided to bypass the Pangani (or as I call it Paganini) trail, and headed over to “secret” trail along the tree of life.

While I have known about the trail for a while, we have yet to walk it. Talk about a regret. Very cool and quiet area. Well except for these guys…

6348762361_541d7da737.jpg

They greeted us not long after we entered the trail, and were screeching to no end. I don’t think we were happy we were interrupting their quiet morning.

These guys were also nearby.
6348760135_5c526b0533.jpg

We eventually made our way back to the Tree of Life. All I can say is Ah-Mazing! I took 49, yes you read that right, 49 pictures of the Tree of Life from back there. I won’t bore you with all of them, but here is a smattering.

6349514380_33ff564303.jpg

6348766555_da7993f033.jpg

Look at me getting all arty...

6349519040_502cf78669.jpg

6348773647_7a0d7c3573.jpg

Croc wrestler!

6348775899_910014f5e5.jpg

6348780703_3d3b4d7553.jpg

This owl was our favorite.

6349532888_be2904b16f.jpg

I hope you enjoyed that “family vacation slideshow” presentation of pictures!

We spent quite a bit of time on the trail looking for animals on the tree. We exited the trail and headed back toward Discovery Island. By this time our FP for the safari was about to come up. We had such a great time on the last one we decided to go ahead and go again now.

I tried to sit back and just enjoy the trip, but no.. I snapped a few more pictures. And yes, a couple were of giraffes.

6349535160_6dfced7b0a.jpg

6348787727_a159cc11ee.jpg

6349540204_f01c668bb5.jpg

We would move on from here to look for characters, eat lunch, and go catch Festival of the Lion King. I was surprised to find out they now offer FP for this show. Hmmm. We didn’t use it, but good to know. We sat in a section in which we’ve never sat before.. the giraffe section. As Gomer Pyle would say, "Surprise, surprise, surprise." If you thought the safari was bad, just wait until you see the pictures from our stay at AKL!

After FOTLK we head over to Asia, and decide to take in the Flights of Wonder. This is a hidden gem of AK. For years we bypassed it thinking big whoop a bird show. However last year we decided to check it out, and were not disappointed. This is a great show, and if you haven’t seen it, put it on your list. The show is just kicking off as we enter. They have updated the cultural references in the tour guide’s shtick which was nice because it was like seeing a “new” show. DD is itching until they get to the parrot (I think) that does math. When we went previously she was chosen to compete against the bird in a math contest. Knowing how it works, she is determined to make a fool of the bird this go around. Unfortunately she would not have the chance as the bird was not doing his math routine, but something entirely different and it was hilarious!

We leave the show and head over to EE to grab a FP or ride depending on the wait. It was all of 15 min. so we go ahead and ride, and then go find us a spot for our first viewing of Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade. Would it be our last? Stay tuned to find out.

As previously mentioned, I do love a parade, but for the most part Disney’s parades just leave me feeling lukewarm. I know weird, right? I was looking forward to seeing Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle parade. The pictures I’ve seen of the parade are so colorful and lively, but we always seem to have something else scheduled that prohibits us from being able to stay long enough to catch the parade. So we find us a front row spot and plop down to wait.

Finally the parade begins.

6348795013_5c97fcbc59.jpg

Excitement is in the air as the parade moves down the street.

6349549880_12f85b0114.jpg

6348802079_d1d4188bfd.jpg

6348806843_0d4596f50c.jpg

6349564896_ce0e9a65f2.jpg

6349570142_24e8821db1.jpg

6349572500_4c6fba2c38.jpg

6348827139_238fc741e7.jpg

This stilt walker was trying to get the kids next to us up and "in to" the parade.

6349579866_4706f83b52.jpg

This was pretty funny. The Brers come down the street and are out waving and what not to the crowd. Brer Rabbit goes and hides over in the bushes for a good couple of minutes while all of this is going on. A handler eventually pulls him out and they move on.

6349582214_99ee4742f1.jpg

Yep, she totally posed for this.

6348836831_da7b2a9912.jpg

6356578955_0f11c00aa8.jpg

Goofy's car gives new meaning to the word carbeque.

6356570365_21cda88d2a.jpg

6356574799_8f6d0de4d8.jpg

6356582867_c206d44243.jpg

And finally the Mouse of the Jungle..

6356615539_b4e12d2988.jpg

Okay, so here its. Meh. Yeah, meh. Again left lukewarm. Frankly the best thing about the parade was when two squirrels ran out into the street from the bushes and were fighting. They couldn’t decide whether to be more afraid of each other or this huge crowd of people. In their fear they would keep running toward the crowd which would elicit screams from the people in the path of their flight. They eventually figured it out and carried on their brawl in the bushes. It was the biggest reaction from the crowd the whole parade. Funny, funny stuff. All that said, I totally was digging the bicycle float things. If I were in a Disney parade I’d want to be in this one just so I could drive one of those things. Actually, I take that back. I’d want to be in Move it! Shake it! Celebrate it!, but I’m not sure that counts as a real parade. I am glad we finally saw it, but don’t imagine we’ll sit through it again anytime soon.

I'll have to stow away my compulsion to run to EE next time we are in AK and go to the safari instead. I'd like to see some more of the animals out and about. I'm not a big fan of Disney parades either. We've never really gone out of our way to watch them.

OK. Did not know that FOTLK had a fastpass. We didn't need one when we saw it, though.

You didn't like the AK parade ?? I love it. It's my third favorite. Boo to You is first and Spectromagic is second. Do you think they will ever bring Spectromagic back ?? I like the MSEP as well. But usually, we don't take the time to watch parades either, so I haven't seen any of the daytime parades besides AK. I want to see the AK Christmas parade next week though. Looking forward to more !!

Parade finished we head back to take another spin on EE. DD is cool with doing single rider this time, but the line is again short so we just hop in the regular line and enjoy the ride.

We decide to head on over to Dinoland and ride Dinosaur. I love the ride part of this ride, but the story is just okay, and it is crazy loud. I ride with my hands over my ears as much as possible. Still having some time to kill before we need to head over to AKL for our dinner, we decide to ride Primeval Whirl..or Primeval Hurl as it is colloquially known. We have had a 50-50 experience on this ride. The first time we rode it was 2007. DD was so excited because on our first trip she was just at 48”, but we had her 4 y.o. cousin along with us and she wasn’t tall enough, so we had to bypass it. We get on the ride, and we were slung around that car like… I don’t know what.. but I lost one of my shoes in the process of the ride if that gives you any idea. So for the longest time we refused to ride this. Finally in 2010 we gave it another shot. That time the slinging was far less as it wasn’t just us in the car. Since the ride was down when we were there in May, we decide to give it a go this time. So the two of us and man in his early 20s load up. All the weight is to one side of the car as I sit next to the man and my daughter is on the other side. We got a pretty good slinging, but apparently from her carrying on she got the worst of it. This guy was just laughing away at her through out the entire ride. It was something else.

We decide we won’t ride Hester and Chester, better known as Triceratops Spin, and decide to head on out for AKL. We’ll be there a bit early, but that will give us time to scope out the place really well before we move over there the next day.

As we are exiting, I teach DD how to Monkey walk, and we make quite a display of ourselves as we head out of the park. If you saw us, I hope we gave you something to talk about. LOL!

I'll have to stow away my compulsion to run to EE next time we are in AK and go to the safari instead. I'd like to see some more of the animals out and about. I'm not a big fan of Disney parades either. We've never really gone out of our way to watch them.

It is hard to ignore that compulsion for the EE FP, but it will be worth it. Our FP return time was an hour after our first go around, and even then there was less action.

OK. Did not know that FOTLK had a fastpass. We didn't need one when we saw it, though.

You didn't like the AK parade ?? I love it. It's my third favorite. Boo to You is first and Spectromagic is second. Do you think they will ever bring Spectromagic back ?? I like the MSEP as well. But usually, we don't take the time to watch parades either, so I haven't seen any of the daytime parades besides AK. I want to see the AK Christmas parade next week though. Looking forward to more !!

We didn't need to go the FP route either, but it is interesting that they offer it now. I don't think I've ever been turned away from FOTLK, so I'm not sure why they have it. I guess it would be helpful during high volume times. The FP machine is over by ITBAB should you ever feel you need one.

I really thought I'd like the AK parade b/c from what I knew it was different than the other parades. I'm sure at some point Spectro will make a return. I like the music to that one better than MSEP. I would give MK afternoon parade a try just to say you've done it.

DD and I decided to pass on the Christmas parade at AK based on this experience. I am excited that I figured out how to do all four of the holiday themed night time activities. We'll see if it works out. If I don't get to see CP, I may just have to make another trip down to see Neil Patrick Harris narrate. I got all hyped to see it after hearing him describe it on the Kevin Pollak Chat Show. NPH is big Disney fan as is Kevin's girlfriend. It is fun when she gets all hyped up about Disney anytime anyone mentions it. You should check out the one with Patrick Warburton. About an hour in to the interview he talks briefly about his work for Disney, and it turns out he is huge Disney fan as well.

I am super bummed we missed some of the Christmas stuff. But it is either get to the parks at rope drop and get things done or sleep in and go out at night for us. We tried to do rope drop and rest and then go back out, but after two days we were exhausted and just did rope drop the rest of the trip.

I am super bummed we missed some of the Christmas stuff. But it is either get to the parks at rope drop and get things done or sleep in and go out at night for us. We tried to do rope drop and rest and then go back out, but after two days we were exhausted and just did rope drop the rest of the trip.

That just means you'll have to go back for Thanksgiving next year. ;) I really wish we had seen more of the storytellers, but I just couldn't be a killjoy and pull DD out of HS when she was having such fun riding things with your kids! She loves not being stuck with just me. And it was funny I tried to keep us there to draw Lanny.

We arrive at AKL quite a bit early for a Boma reservation. Since we are checking the next day, we decide to scope the place out. First, there is an impressive number of what I refer to as “tree spots” in the self parking area. At other resorts at which we’ve stayed, and Pop in particular, there aren’t that many. We enter the lobby and I pause for the requisite lobby photo.

6348860839_95541cf196.jpg

We then head out to Arusha Savanna area to check out the animals on the savanna.

6348858593_7ffa69d7c2.jpg

6348853797_b6b251fb7b.jpg

6349599104_1eb5b8ec70.jpg

There was a CM talking about the zebras and answering other guest questions nearby. Can I just say how cool that is! I mean it is plenty awesome enough to just stroll out there and watch the animals milling about, but to have someone who can answer your questions etc. Very cool! Anyway, we hang out there for a while then stroll over to the firepit located just outide the lobby doors to rock in the massive rocking chairs and get off our feet for a bit.

After we’ve hogged a couple of chairs long enough we decide to go check out the pool area. Now, the pool is impressive, but for some reason I was expecting it to be much larger. The pictures make it look really huge. I love the little tiki hut bar out there too! We stroll over to another savanna area. This one has a number of Flamingos, and not too far away some zebras.

DD is enjoying watching the flamingos, so I walk around to check out some of the other animals. In doing so I catch this.

6348863057_8acc98d6a1.jpg

She was doing some funny little bird dance to flamingos. I had to laugh. I asked her later what she was doing, and she said she was trying to calm them down with her dance. Apparently a couple were fighting with each other. That girl cracks me up. She’s my flamingo whisperer I guess!

It is finally approaching our reservation time so we head back in to Boma. I loved the light fixtures in this restaurant.

6348865351_f79e1ca2a8.jpg

6349620128_c4641d9057.jpg

6349617952_e2d9e30fee.jpg

I would like some of those in my house.

We are greeted by a lovely waitress, who explains the buffet to us as we’ve never been to Boma before and takes our drink order. In general, I am not a fan of buffets. In fact WDW is really the only place I go to them, and mainly we do character stuff. This buffet is the bomb(a) diggity! Truly fabulous. They had a lamb curry dish that was to die for. Sooo much to try, and I certainly didn’t get to it all. The only thing I wasn’t a fan of was the babootie. My large regret was not trying more of the soups and salads. I could have eaten nothing but that and been happy. I tried a chicken chowder type soup that was delicious.

If I had a complaint it would be the desserts. Wait hold on zebra dome lovers..my complaint is not with the desserts themselves, but that there isn’t much of a selection if you can’t do dairy base desserts. There was an apple crumble that wasn’t particularly great, sugar cookies and brownies. Like I need the desserts anyway. I should look at it as a blessing, and eat more soup.

My DD was happy to make up for my inability to consume the majority of the desserts. Here is her initial trip to the dessert bar.

6349622324_9015df1b42.jpg

She said the caramel cheesecake was the best. I noticed she had passed on the zebra dome, and I asked her why. She said there was a sign that said the dessert contained alcohol so she didn’t think she could have one. Well, having read so much about this dessert, I had to give it a taste. I went up after one. Oh. My. Gosh! One of the best treats I’ve ever eaten. I immediately regretted that I even tried it. It was so good, and I could only have a little taste. Torture! This dessert absolutely lived up to the hype..and then some.

So overall, I highly recommend Boma. Different foods, a good variety of dishes on the buffet, great service and a let us not forget the amazing desserts! Oh, and I should mention, if you have a picky eater on your hands like I do, there are plenty of dishes that won’t offend the less adventurous palate.

Thoroughly stuffed, we settled up and headed back to Pop to pack up and get ready for the big move to AKL the next day.

We have a Boma ressie in April. So we are looking forward to that. Sigh. April is so far away ...... Love your DD's flamingo dance. Soo funny !! She's such a cutie.

Day three..Moving day! Before we leave Pop for a few days, I snap some pictures of the progress on the Art of Animation resort.

6498826935_58f920444f.jpg

6498822785_27221659aa.jpg

6498818811_4fca15c51e.jpg

We load up the car, and head on out of Pop. But not to AKL..nope we’re headed to Epcot for a bit and then will go to our new digs in the afternoon.

We arrive at Epcot just after rope drop and head on down to Soarin’. We arrive to a see a 15 min. wait posted so we head on in to the cavern that is the Soarin’ queue. Due to the short wait the interactive wall thingies are not turned on. DD is very disappointed. She very much wants to play the games and what not on these screens. I tell her if she would prefer to wait in the standby line for an hour just to play the games that’s fine. No thanks, she said. I’ll used FP. Hmm… that’s what I thought.

We get back for our first ride, and make the mistake of not asking to be placed in row 1. Me being the impatient, ride it now, now, now sort, I force us to take our chances with our seat assignment. Row three. Sigh.. great ride with just an extra view. We grabbed a FP on the way out for a ride later in the day.

We hit some more rides…you know Test track and what not. We eventually made our way over to Innoventions and were disappointed to learn that the Waste Management exhibit is gone. Some healthy eating thing is going up in its place. Today we won’t be going to any of the F&W kiosks. That will be saved for another day. We leave Innoventions and catch the F&W version of the Jammitors. I can’t remember their official name, but they are dressed as chefs and play all sorts of pots and pans. Love them!

6498834381_bee0cc1105.jpg

6498841941_4f3973f36c.jpg

A quick check of the Fastpasses shows us it is finally time to head back to Soarin’! Off we go.

You’ve all read about them right? The symbol that identifies you as Disboarder… the lime green Mickey head. I’ve read umpteen posts of people who put them on strollers, resort windows and bags of all sorts. Having never seen one, I’ve written it off to being an urban Disboard legend- kind of how I felt about people taking photos on dark rides. Well I’m hear to tell you the LGMH wearin’ folk do exist! People really do it!

There we were, heading to the stairs down to the Soarin’ cavern when I saw it..a LGMH affixed to the flap of woman’s backpack. Across the LGMH she had written her screen name. We were a good distance from her, so I picked up the pace to try and catch her and say “hello!” As it was nearly noon, the crowd was pretty thick, and we couldn’t catch her before the escalator. When we got downstairs, I tried again, but continued to be foiled by the masses of people. As we approached Soarin’ she turned for the FP machines never to be seen again. No I didn’t follow her over there.. I had a FP to use! Not to mention my DD would think I was crazy for chasing some random stranger down when we could be getting on Soarin’

So if you were at Soarin’ just before noon on October 4, and have a black backpack with a LGMH with your screen name written on the backpack- I saw you! Hi!!!

So one more urban legend verified. Yes, Virginia people do take pictures on dark rides and they do display Lime Green Mickey Heads!

We have a Boma ressie in April. So we are looking forward to that. Sigh. April is so far away ...... Love your DD's flamingo dance. Soo funny !! She's such a cutie.

You will really like Boma! Best buffet on property, IMO. I can't wait to go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter