Renewal

IzzysMom

Mouseketeer
Hi - I'm an So Cal Annual Passport holder - I am currently blocked out of going to DL. My nephew is visiting and he wants to go. My passport is due to expire in the middle of August - I am able to renew now - if I upgrade to a Deluxe Passholder, would that happen right away or not until my renewal date?

Hi - I'm an So Cal Annual Passport holder - I am currently blocked out of going to DL. My nephew is visiting and he wants to go. My passport is due to expire in the middle of August - I am able to renew now - if I upgrade to a Deluxe Passholder, would that happen right away or not until my renewal date?

You can upgrade to the DAP anytime if you have a valid AP. In your situation, you can renew your AP before the expiration date and buy the DAP that will go to next year. But in order to upgrade to the DAP, you have to buy a separate park ticket to get into the park on a blocked out day and go to the AP center in DL or DCA and remember to apply the ticket you bought and pay the difference of the DAP and the ticket. For example: DAP is $299 and you bought a AP ticket for blocked out days at $45. You pay the difference of $299-$45=$254.

Here is another part on the DL main website about the upgrade to the different pass:

Q. What if I want to upgrade to a different Passport type?

A. You may upgrade your Passport type at anytime during your Annual Passport year. The expiration date of your current Pass will not change with upgrades. If you purchase a Blockout day ticket and decide to upgrade your Annual Pass later that same day, you may apply the price of the Blockout Day ticket towards the purchase price of the upgrade. Also, if you paid for parking in the Mickey & Friends parking structure on the same day that you are upgrading to a Premium Annual Passport or are adding the parking option to your current Annual Pass, present your paid parking ticket while upgrading and you will be reimbursed for the parking cost. Upgrades are not available online. Visit any Disneyland® Resort Main Entrance Ticket Booth or the Annual Passport Processing Center inside Disneyland® Park for complete details.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/ap/faq?name=AnnualPassholderUngatedFAQPage

We upgraded my DH's 3day Summer Fun Pass to an annual pass without ever entering the Park. We did everything at the Guest Relations building outside DL.

Couldn't IzzysMom's just upgrade there and not deal with the blockout ticket?

We upgraded my DH's 3day Summer Fun Pass to an annual pass without ever entering the Park. We did everything at the Guest Relations building outside DL.

Did your DH had to take a picture or not?

Couldn't IzzysMom's just upgrade there and not deal with the blockout ticket?

I believe you are right about that you can upgrade the AP at Guest Relations. But I don't know about renewing an AP at the Guest Relations.

One of my friends has a DAP and renewal it just awhile ago on a blockout Saturday. He talked to a CM at the box office and said that he must renew his AP at the AP centers. He just bought the AP blockout day ticket and just went into DL and renewal his pass. That's what he said to me, so I have no experience about renewing the AP at the Guest Relations. I have renewed my AP at the Plaza Pavillion. But, the CM could be wrong of what he said to my friend and you can renew the AP at the Guest Relations. One of us DISers needs to clarify if that is correct.

Did your DH had to take a picture or not?

Short answer: No, but.... they already had it.

Full answer: A year prior he had been an AP holder. (We didn't renew his at renewal because our household budget was too tight at the time and he passed completely so I could have a Premium.) When summer hit, we got him a 3day Fun Pass. We timed it so that his last use would be on his birthday. Since he had valid entry on his birthday, he got the fun card from the "Free on your birthday" promotion. We applied that to his Fun Pass and upgraded him to his AP. We did all of that at the Guest Relations building. Because he previously had an AP, his photo was still in the system. The CM printed his AP right there, using the old picture, "since it still looks like him." Otherwise, we would have had to go the the AP Processing Center for his pic.

Hope that made sense,
Dreams

That makes sense.

I know bout that you can get a new picture or use the old picture for the new AP. I don't know why my friend just go to Guest Relations and renew his AP there. Just like what you said that it makes it easier than going in the park, at the AP center and renewing it. I also took advantage of the GAD voucher and implied it to my renewal AP last month, it makes a big difference with the voucher ($72) and the $20 renewal.

Thanks for clarifying.

I'm not sure how far in advance you can renew, but if you renew and upgrade at the same time your upgrade will go into effect immediately not on your renewal day.

I'm not sure how far in advance you can renew, but if you renew and upgrade at the same time your upgrade will go into effect immediately not on your renewal day.

You can renew the AP within 30 days of the expiration date. 3Minnies1Mickey is right about the renewal and upgrade of the AP.

Thanks for the info! Now another question - can I renew at the front gate? I just checked and they want to mail me something and it won't get here until next week.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the info! Now another question - can I renew at the front gate? I just checked and they want to mail me something and it won't get here until next week.

Thanks again.

Just like what Disney Dreams said on the third post that you can renew your AP at the Guest Relations outside DL entrance so you don't have to go inside DL or DCA to renew the AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter