• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Renee's journal

wiskband

I can't wait till tomorrow....why? because I get b
Im thinking I should have posted my thread here (in wish board).
BUt I guess I'll post here and bare it all. Im am 32 years old and 4 kids. I like to blame my weight gain on them but ultimately I know whos to blame. Everyone of my friends (most HS friends but new ones as well) are thin. Thats a killer. Although my husband never mentions this, I can't help but think he is thinking it. Besides my weight problem, every thing else in my life is great. I weight approx. 200 lbs. I say approx. cause I haven't be brave enough to get on a scale. I did start the Curves program and definitley saw results but I stopped and have not returned. I am very unhappy at this weight and lately have been trying to come up with the reason as to why I am this way. I just come back to the same anwser.... my habits! I usually stay up late and eat. I do not eat healthy. I use that "always on the go excuse" the famous drive thru.. gotta feed the kids etc. It's Horrible. As I write this I realize I am aware of all of these bad decisions I am making but have not really done anything about them. Being that I got to this site by being a Disney fan, it prompted me to look at my vacation pictures. I am not in any of them PURPOSELY, I make sure I am always the one taking the pic and any of the ones I am in (because my 9 year old forces me to get in the pic) I look awful. It s sad these are the memories I am creating. By going there each year I am trying to create beautiful memories for my children and I can;t be part of them. So it brings me to this thread, and my goals. I hope that in the near future I can form relationships on this site and support as well. The following are a list of my goals and how I intend to reach them.

GOAL:To lose 60 pounds
=====Stop eating after 6:00
I think I can do this by going to bed early.
=====Drink more water
This I can definitely do.. as long as the water bottle is in site I will drink I do like water.
======Eat healthier
I will make sure that we all eat before we go out and I will try to schedule ahead of time when we are going and when we will eat.
======Get back to Curves
Curves was also an escape for me, so come 9-20 my job will come to an end and Curves will be my half hour escape

As I read back, these are reasonble things to do. None are very extreme nor will they change my life dramaticaly, except in my body's weight.
I will post a pic soon and hopefully soon after with results.
Thanks for reading and any support and/or advise is greatly appreciated.
Renee

I happens to be exactly 2 months to the day....later than when I joined WISH and wrote my journal.....I now weigh 177 or at least I did last thursday. 2 months ago I wrote that I weight approx. 200 The following day I went to Curves and was rgeeted with smiles they had all remembered me! I weighed in that day at 195 to be exact. So , in 2 months I have lost 18 pounds which is 9 pounds a months. Not bad I guess. Anyway I have definitley followed my goals. Although, I do tend to cheat ever now and then I do not eat late at night (when in front of the comp) i have been drinking my water and I continue to go to Curves. Through WISH and all the wonderful people here I was introduced to WATP tapes which I love. I have been faithfully doing then (with the exception of the day after I raked my days leaves). I am happy with my loss although, I wish it would shed quicker. I have to keep telling myself that it took so long to put it on , it's gonna take time to come off. Some of the new habits that I have incorperated in my life I just can;t imagine being with out. FOr instance , if I dont drink my water I really do miss it. I actually like water and with that revelation, I have stopped drinking soda. When I do drink soda it is diet. The WATP tapes are so wonderful. I never stress doing them, it's not a chore. Eating late at night........couldn;t imagine doing it. Although, to be perfectly honest, I have eaten late night once or twice and that was my own fault. I kind set myself up for that failure because either I was trying something stupid like not eating dinner or simply staying up late to watch the world series. Overall and to sum it all up..........I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE THAT I HAVE ACTUALLY STUCK TO SOMETHING! (smoking will be next)
IN CASE ANYONE DOES READ THIS..........FEEDBACK IS WELCOMED!

I will write again in 2 months and hopefully report that I weigh somwhere in the 150's.
Renee:crazy:

As I read back, these are reasonble things to do. None are very extreme nor will they change my life dramaticaly, except in my body's weight.
Renee,
It sounds like you have made some drastic changes! Eliminating soda, going to curves and liking WATP! You have really been good to yourself, and it shows. Congratulations on all your hard work, and keep it up! Can you believe you only weigh 177 pounds? That is awesome!

Keep theFaith!
Tracy

So today is not exactly 2months later but.. it is about 12:30 new years eve... or I should say January 1st.
SO the past 3 weeks or so, I have not been sticking to things.
We left for vacation on december 8 and we did not get back unitl the 19 then xmas came and of course I went with the whole "Ill start again in the new year".
So I really am!
Although, I have not stuck with my healthy habits I have stuck with a few things such as diet soda and drinking water.
I have also weighed myself a few times inthe past few weeks and I havent gained anything (ironically)
Just today I weighed in and I was under 170, which is what I weighed before I left. 168 to be exact!
So I am a bit happy about that but I can;t help but think how much I would have lost had I stuck to things!
O well......can;t dwell on the past but I can think about the future. I will write again in about a month but before I go I would like to state exactly what my resolution is.
Will continue to exercise (at least 5 times a week)
I will continue to drink my 100 ouces of water daily
Not eat after 6 pm.
Ultimate goal is to be 140 by april first!
till next time
renee

You are doing great. It's OK that we have our cheat times and then we get right back on track. Drinking water is a big key along with the exercise. Keep up the great work and you'll be at your goal before you know it.

So it's a little more than two months since I wrote on this journal....I have begun a new daily journal which includes my day good or bad and a detailed discription of what I eat......I want to keep track and see if any,possible patterns. It seems the last time I wrote I was 177 today I went to the gym and weighed in at 168. Although, its only 11 pounds in 2 months I have been lowere and then higher than this weight. We took our vacationw hich was 2 weeks this year and then of course there were the holidays so I kinda threw the good eating out the window and had to get started again. I began again on January 1. On that day it seemed that really I didn't gain any weigh although, I didnt lose any either. I was happy though, kinda like a free pass. So the way I see it, it all makes sense. I gave up my dieting for about a month all together and I have been losing at 10 pounds a month. One month watsed and I have lost 11 pounds. Anyway till next time. Which so be around march 6. I will hopefully be reporting that my weight is int he 140's.
renee :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter