• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Renee & Trae's 4/4/13 WP & GF Wedding

Well, we are back from Disney and I cannot begin to tell you how happy we are with everything. I know my PJ is awful, but I promise to tell you all about our wedding weekend.
We got to FL on Tuesday, 4/2 and were staying at the Contemporary Resort. I don't know if this is the normal protocol but they upgraded our room, we were on the 9th floor of the main building with an amazing view of the MK.
The first thing we did on Tuesday was organize the Welcome Bags. DH's boss' mother-in-law who lives in Orlando made these for us. They were filled with awesome yummy goodies and our Welcome Brochure.
WelcomeBags_zps109fd4c0.jpg

WBBrochures_zps8ccdd668.jpg
WBBrochures2_zps18d69d2d.jpg

After we got the Welcome Bags to each hotel. I put a tag with the person's name and their reservation number and according to our guests, they were either in their room (Coronado did this) or handed to them upon checking in.
The rest of the day we actually relaxed at the hotel, worked out in the gym and then went to the Wave for dinner and a few drinks.
WEDNESDAY, 4/3
Most of the guests were coming today, so we put on our Mouse Ears and hung out in the lobby waiting for them to arrive. We then had our rehearsal that night with a DP to follow.
The rehearsal was great and Rev Tim did a great job to get everyone to understand his humor. We then went to one of the Convention Center in the Contemporary for our rehearsal dinner. The menu was a fajita bar: salad, beef, chicken, tortillas,rice, black beans, sides and the best part was tres leches cake. The dinner was amazing, I just wish we all ate more, but everyone was trying to be good knowing that they had to fit into a dress/tux the next day. It was so good, everyone raved about it. I don't know if anyone took a picture of the buffet, if they did, I will post it.
After the RD, we were supposed to have a DP in the Porte-Cochere. The weather reports were not looking good, hurricane like winds and hail so it was move inside. I think it turned out even better. It was in the lobby and the set up allowed for more guest interaction. Our families don't know each other since I'm from NJ and he's from VA. THe DP was the best thing that could have happened! Everyone got along and were mingling and chatting it up. We almost missed the fireworks, it stopped raining long enough to have them that night. About 10 minutes after they were done, the skies opened up again.
Here's a pic of us at the DP:
DP_zps9689510f.jpg

Ok, wedding day is coming soon!!!

I know I have not finished sharing my story... but I realized the other day that if I finish this, then its like really over. We had the most amazing wedding and I loved every minute of the day! We just got our pictures back from Regina. They are amazing. I promise to finish my PJ this weekend so everyone can see. Our Sneak Peek trailer from Trinity Wedding was amazing too. I have a lot of catching up to do. You spend all this time planning and obsessing and then it's like over and now we just planned our Honeymoon to St. Lucia so my focus can be on that now!
This weekend I will finish telling our story...

Can I just say... I saw your wedding video on the Trinity website and completely loved it! It's because of your film we're going with them. You looked amazing too!!! :goodvibes

Can I just say... I saw your wedding video on the Trinity website and completely loved it! It's because of your film we're going with them. You looked amazing too!!! :goodvibes

Thank you so much! They are amazing... we can't wait to get our full video from them! They will do an awesome job!

So the day finally came and it is such a surreal feeling. I spent the night in my parents room and my dad snored the whole night. I barely slept, but at 5:45 when that alarm went off, my dad and I went to the gym at the Contemporary. If you are someone who works out everyday, I totally recommend working out. It felt good to get the nerves out and keep me focused. It also woke me up a little bit.
One of the gifts, I got my girls was a white oversized, button down shirt. (I bought the shirts at Walmart.) I found a woman on Etsy who did Disney font rhinestone letters and for $12 I got 8 letters in the 3 colors of the girls' dresses. I saw the same shirts for almost $40 each on Etsy and made mine for less than $20. (I figured I gotta save somewhere. LOL) So everyone had their shirts on even my MIL had one. We even had Regina take some pics of us in the shirts and they really looked cute.
Around 8:30 Beaute Especiale shows up, I put on my Pre-wedding playlist and the festivities began. They even commented that the music was a nice surprise b/c most rooms were quiet and sort-of awkward. So I highly recommend some music that morning, plus it helps with the nerves.
Around 10:00 I had food delivered to our room. Just something lite: fruit platter, veggie tray, some mini Mickey waffles and small muffins. I also bought the girls Champagne glasses that each had a dress on it that said bridesmaid (gotta love Etsy). Then around 10:30 I had the same menu delivered to the guys room. I bought them glasses and had my dad bring the glasses and a bottle of Grape Vodka to the room (Groom's favorite: Grape and Sprite). If you are planning on ordering room service, see if there is anyway they can give you some sort of discount. They charged me full price and I was hoping they could have put together a "Breakfast Menu" but I had so many other things going on that I didn't push the issue. I was told to call Private Dining, but maybe the Wedding Planners can help out on that. Here's a pic of the guys's glasses:

Once we were all ready... things went pretty quickly. We got in the limo, headed over the the GF for pics. At one point Diane, our wedding planner told me bc of the rain we can't have the carriage and I was like ok. I can not believe how calm I was. Here are some pictures from the day:
I love how the different color dresses go together and make everything bright!
These are our Sneak Peek from Regina... AMAZING

We pushed the ceremony back about 15 minutes and we were able to get the carriage. It was totally magical!

Walking down the aisle:

The cake was amazing (orange cake with buttercream and we had another cake that was cut in the back - red velvet - so good!

First Dance

Here's the Sneak Peek Video from Trinity Wedding Cinema (I love their work)
http://www.weddingfilmblog.com/archives/831

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter