• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Remy's

mvlimmex

DIS Veteran
For those of you that have been to Remy's on the Dream, how would you compare it to Palos and is it worht the extra cost.
Thanks,
Vicki

absolutely worth the cost and it doesn't compare to palos- or i should say palos doesn't compare to it . they are TOTALLY different animals. COMPLETELY!

we enjoyed palos and look forward to doing the brunch there. remy's is actually quite reasonably priced for what it is.

hope you decide to enjoy!

absolutely worth the cost and it doesn't compare to palos- or i should say palos doesn't compare to it . they are TOTALLY different animals. COMPLETELY!

we enjoyed palos and look forward to doing the brunch there. remy's is actually quite reasonably priced for what it is.

hope you decide to enjoy!

Exactly...just different not necessarily better. Remy was such an awesome experience. Palo is just simply delicious, too! It is definately IMO worth the cost...actually Palo is a steal. Treat yourself to both...you wont be disappointed.

Joining the thread, to hear more...

We have a cruise coming up, and are trying to decide which one to do (or at least try for).

I've read that dinner at Remy's will be a 3+ event.
If true, I'm not sure I want to cut that much time out of our Cruise schedule, or leave the kids in the clubs for that long.

Any thoughts?

Joining the thread, to hear more...

We have a cruise coming up, and are trying to decide which one to do (or at least try for).

I've read that dinner at Remy's will be a 3+ event.
If true, I'm not sure I want to cut that much time out of our Cruise schedule, or leave the kids in the clubs for that long.

Any thoughts?

I just cruised last month, and yes, I would say allow yourself at least 3 hours to play it safe, and fully enjoy the experience. I cruised with my sister and THANKFULLY my kids were having a blast in the clubs and my youngest did not have me paged... allowing us have a real "girls night out"!! :woohoo:
Remy is definitely an experience not to be rushed. They also did not appear to turn over tables, so the servers were not rushing to kick us out to seat the next party.
It was worth every minute, and every penny! We are sailing again in December and I cannot wait to dine at Remy again! :thumbsup2

I don't mean to hijack but how did everyone like there menu? My husband wants to go but I was concerned about the French cuisine.

I don't mean to hijack but how did everyone like there menu? My husband wants to go but I was concerned about the French cuisine.

I am kinda a chicken girl...could be a vegetarian easily. One would say I am picky...DH does. DH will eat anything and everything!:rotfl: I went for him and the experience. I was going to choose ala carte, but then DH realized everthing that I wanted was on the Saveur (spelling?) menu. I was so proud of myself:dance3:. I was going in with an open mind and a few drinks in my belly:rotfl2:. Everything was soooo delicious. Actually my least favorite was a chicken dish!! DH did the other menu...Gout. I overheard a waiter say this is common for the genders - male/ Gout and female/Saveur. I figured if I am going to be adventurous...this is the place. It was fabulous! It took us 2 hours and 45 min. and were not rushed at all. We arrived at 6:00, reservations were at 6:20 and was seated at 6:10. Hope this helps!

Agree with all the PP. Remy is a totally different experience from Palo. I wouldn't miss Palo and the chocolate souffle for anything, but I would do Remy again in a heartbeat, and I'm a pretty picky eater. My experience was similar to simbasmom2 it sounds like. We were going to do ala carte, but I ended up with the Saveur menu, and my mom got the Gout menu. It was easily a 3 hour experience, so I was glad I made sure to reserve on the night there were no theater shows (we did it on Pirate night, which was movie night). I certainly tried some foods that I would not have otherwise, but I don't think I left anything on my plate, other than some of the dessert samplers - they brought out so much extra dessert it was almost ridiculous! Regular dessert, then a candy sampler, then a chocolate sampler, then a small box of chocolates in our room to thank us for our evening there. :goodvibes

Wow! Remy's sounds like it would be a great experence. My husband and I will have to try it when we cruise this April. It is hard to get a reservation there? Does it fill up really fast? Thanks everyone for all the responses.
We have done Palos before, but thought we might want to give Remy's try.:thumbsup2
Vicki

We came home Aug. 7th, and we are still talking about Remy. I am a picky eater and I have a shellfish allergy. I was very pleased with my a la carte choices. The food was terrific. The staff was excellent. It was an event. We love Palo too though. The problem now is should we do it again next summer? Maybe we will try for brunch at Palo and dinner at Remy? We'll see.

We loved both palo and remy, they both had two different cuisines. Palo is awesome Italian food and remy has artisinal French cuisines. The food at remy gives as much pleasure to look at it as it is so beautifully presented as it is exquisite to eat. I don't remember the names of what the waiter was pronouncing what we ate but everything was delicious. My husband and I ordered the two chef menus and shared everything so we got to try so many different dishes. the cheese cart is amazing we tried all of them. Our server arranged them from mild to strongest it looked like a clock, but I have to admit I could not eat the last few as they were too stinky. Do both if you can, but if you can only do one pick remy as there are not too many restaurants like it. It offers amazing views of sunset too.

I have a question about portion size. I have a lap band, which restricts how much I can eat. I thought Remy might be a good option for us, because I remember previous threads that mentioned smaller portions with the wine pairings. If the dinner lasts 3 hours with small portions served over that time, that would work well with my band. What has your experience been with portion sizes at Remy?

mousemom, the portion sizes are small compared to regular american style restaurant (or home!) portions, but the NUMBER of dishes is large!!

still, it is an maybe an interesting "splurge" option since there is so much flavor in every last morsel!

honestly, i laugh when people make jokes about the size of "nouvelle cuisine" portions because you will leaved stuffed!!!

:rotfl::rotfl:

Wow. This is really changing my initial impression. When I saw the price for Remy's my first thought was "no thank you! What could possibly be worth that much extra when my food is already paid for?" It sounds like I may have to rethink this. I haven't heard a negative comment about Remy's yet. It looks lovely. Thanks for the info.

DH and I have a reservation at Remy next month... Does 'a la carte' mean that you pick your courses from either menu?
TIA! :goodvibes

It is covered well, here. Palo is very good but Remy is truly a world class food and dining experience - plus you are looking out at the ocean to top it off.

You can order either menu or a la cart. You can also order one menu and then try something off the other (I had to try the Waygu beef). If you enjoy wine, the pairing is also worth every penny.

The dinner takes somewhere around three hours, although it really didn't feel that long, and you will not leave hungry.

I have been to many "five star" restaurants but nothing comes close to the Remy experience. Don't miss it.

Yes, you can pick items from either menu if you want. I have to agree with everyone else. I wasn't sure how I would like Remy's because I am a picky eater and I'm not really a "foodie". I will admit that the entire experience blew me away and it was worth every penny!

Make sure you have room for the cheese course! The comte cheese and the goat cheese with honey were incredible!

I like Palo's, never had a bad dinner there either, but Remy's was a meal I will never forget!

We've been to Palo's before, and I found it to be an dining experience, too, in terms of several courses and 2 hours to dine. What exactly is different other than French versus Italian cuisine? And if I remember correctly (it's been a few years!) we could see the ocean from Palo, too.

Also is the wine included with the meal or separate? Unfortunately I do not like wine (I've tried and tried!).

My bill for the food and wine was around $300, so I tipped 25% on top of that, so another $75. I'm pretty sure there was also some gratuity on the wine part that included in the $300. I don't know if there is a customary procedure but felt the service was perfect, so I felt it was an appropriate amount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter