Remy

moosecrouse

Mouseketeer
As I understand it Remy brunch is a fixed course menu. How about dinner? Looking at the DCL website and can't seem to figure it out.

As I understand it Remy brunch is a fixed course menu. How about dinner? Looking at the DCL website and can't seem to figure it out.
Dinner can be fixed or chosen. You get more on the fixed menu, now tip if you have any allergies tell them and they will give you your own fixed menu.

It's "sort of" fixed. The chef will meet with you (hours earlier than your meal) to go over what you would like to have prepared from various options available.

It's "sort of" fixed. The chef will meet with you (hours earlier than your meal) to go over what you would like to have prepared from various options available.

? ?

The chef meet you to discuss?? The waiters do ask you.

?? Hours before? No, if you want wine yes, but not the food and not the chef?

Sort of fixed? Two set menus.

There are set menus to choose or there is A La Carte, there is less choice on that.

I assume you haven't been.

Remy has 2 chefs, a French chef who has a 3-Michelin-star restaurant in France and an American chef who is the chef at Victoria and Albert's at the Grand Floridian. Each of them has put together a multi-course tasting menu and you can choose one or the other depending on which looks better to you. There are also a la carte options which, as mentioned, are less extensive than the tasting menus.

They also have other add-on options including, when we were on the Fantasy recently, a black truffle-based tasting menu which you could do in place of the other two menus or you could take individual courses from it and add it to your menu for an additional fee.

Can we bring our own wine into Remy (and Palo)?
Thank you.

Note that you can also substitute the courses in either the French or American menu with items from the a la carte. I'm allergic to seafood and I just substituted the seafood course in the French menu.

Yes we informed them of allergies in advance and a set menu was provided without visiting them at all. And it was excellent. I would say go with the flow. And what they say. I like my steak well done they said rare to medium and they were right.

I just wish people who haven't been do not confuse everyone with incorrect advice.

A similar set menu is provided for vegetarians (that's me!) - just advise them in advance and the chef will prepare a menu with special dishes not found on the regular Remy menu. You don't need to visit the chef, just call them or visit the reservation podium. For me, that's usually one of our "day one" activities - visiting Remy to ask for a veggie menu for moi.

I just wish people who haven't been do not confuse everyone with incorrect advice.

Agreed! Whoever posted to meet with the chef ahead of time may have turned folks off to Remy because of the perceived added trouble. We have always just gone in, discussed any special needs with the server, and like magic a fantastic meal appeared over the next several hours. How easy, and what a pleasure.

Agreed! Whoever posted to meet with the chef ahead of time may have turned folks off to Remy because of the perceived added trouble. We have always just gone in, discussed any special needs with the server, and like magic a fantastic meal appeared over the next several hours. How easy, and what a pleasure.

Yes, agree, these boards are active enough for people who have done it to answer. For some it's just about post count.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter