• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Remy without alcohol

janetanne

Previous DVC member
has anyone gone to Remy that doesn't drink alcohol at all? Is it just as enjoyable? And are you in and out of the restaurant quicker. None of us at our table will be drinking. :grouphug:

I'm wondering this as well. We would love to try Palo and Remy sometime, but we don't drink at all. I wonder if it would be awkward, or if we wouldn't get a lot out of it.

Alcohol is not included in the dining fee. Wine or alcoholic beverages that you order will be added to your account. So, YES, you can definitely enjoy the wonderful meal without alcohol!
Hope this helps!:thumbsup2
Michelle

I have eaten at Palo and other very nice restaurants without drinking alcohol. I don't think it has ever detracted from my dining experience. I would definitely recommend Palo - It was fantastic! I'll let you know how Remy is after I go in May!

I don't drink and I enjoyed Palo very much on our last cruise. I also enjoyed Victoria and Albert's a lot and didn't drink there either.

I really have never been a drinker and have enjoyed many meals in fine restaurants. It has never taken anything away from the experience or made the servers/chef rush our meal.

I would certainly book Palo or Remy if I had the opportunity again, sans alcohol!

Tracy

I know.

Just a suggestion for someone not wanting to look awkward without a alcoholic looking drink that anyone else wouldn't know wasn't alcoholic. :goodvibes

Ex Techie :)

I know.

Just a suggestion for someone not wanting to look awkward without a alcoholic looking drink that anyone else wouldn't know wasn't alcoholic. :goodvibes

DH drank coke and everything still tasted great.

I think part of the advantage to being seated in the wine cellar is that no one else seems to notice . :goodvibes

Hi There,
I do not drink due to medical reasons. That being said, I have to say that eating at Remy's was just wonderful. I never felt wierd about not ordering alcohol. In fact when I passed on the cocktail they serve they brought me sparkling cider instead. They never pressure you to purchase alcohol nor the wine packages. Feel comfortable about eating there without needing to drink!
You will thoroughly enjoy!

Have a DREAMy cruise!!!

I know.

I don't drink. And it's never occurred to me to use a prop to look as if I do drink :confused3

DH and I did Palo and had a lovely time! It was only brunch, we'll do dinner on our upcoming cruise, but we never felt that we were missing out on anything by not drinking.

Do it! You'll have a great meal and a wonderful time.

I don't drink. And it's never occurred to me to use a prop to look as if I do drink :confused3

Myself neither when I have been the designated driver of the evening :)
I was answering and referring to post #2:
"I wonder if it would be awkward, or if we wouldn't get a lot out of it."

:goodvibes

Myself neither when I have been the designated driver of the evening :)
I was answering and referring to post #2:
"I wonder if it would be awkward, or if we wouldn't get a lot out of it."

:goodvibes

We don't drink, and we really don't want to look like we drink.

What I meant was, it seems like so much of the experience is tied up in the wine pairings, the wine cellar tour, the sommelier, the pourings, etc., that a large part of the experience that your $75 pays for (and it does pay for the experience, you pay for the actual wine!) will be missing. My fear is that we'll get there, say no thank you, we don't drink, and they will go oh..........and it will be awkward for the rest of the evening. I've even been to restaurants that have tried to push a "complimentary" glass on us. Aside from the wandering DOTD on the first day, I have never felt that kind of pressure on a Disney ship, and don't want to have it at a dinner I've paid extra for.

We don't drink, and we really don't want to look like we drink.

What I meant was, it seems like so much of the experience is tied up in the wine pairings, the wine cellar tour, the sommelier, the pourings, etc., that a large part of the experience that your $75 pays for (and it does pay for the experience, you pay for the actual wine!) will be missing. My fear is that we'll get there, say no thank you, we don't drink, and they will go oh..........and it will be awkward for the rest of the evening. I've even been to restaurants that have tried to push a "complimentary" glass on us. Aside from the wandering DOTD on the first day, I have never felt that kind of pressure on a Disney ship, and don't want to have it at a dinner I've paid extra for.
At our Palo brunch they offered us a complimentary glass of champagne. When we said that neither of us drinks they were lovely and never mentioned it again. We were very happy with them. We also told our regular servers that we don't drink alcohol and they never forgot. :thumbsup2

has anyone gone to Remy that doesn't drink alcohol at all? Is it just as enjoyable? And are you in and out of the restaurant quicker. None of us at our table will be drinking.

Do you enjoy the main dining rooms? Palo and Remy are indeed nicer cuisine ... so ... if you like the main dining rooms, I am sure you will like Palo and Remy. You do not need to drink, in order to enjoy dinner. As for taking longer ... both Palo and Remy DO take longer, but not because of alcohol. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter