• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Remy Wine Pairings

MrSanderz27

Mouseketeer
Has anyone done the wine pairing option with dinner at Remy?

I believe I saw that it was $99 a person?

Any comments on the wines they pair or if it's better to just bring or buy a bottle for with dinner...

Thanks in advance!

My husband and I decided to do the pairings and they were really good. All French wines mostly from Alsace. I didn't get any sort of hangover from the wines (I will get horrible headaches from lesser quality wines.) I felt that it was worth it.

texasgirl73 said:
My husband and I decided to do the pairings and they were really good. All French wines mostly from Alsace. I didn't get any sort of hangover from the wines (I will get horrible headaches from lesser quality wines.) I felt that it was worth it.

Thanks for the quick reply! Good to hear that you enjoyed the pairings.

We're still on the fence about trying them or just picking a nice bottle. I prefer dry reds and if I'm not mistaken, Alsace is predominantly know for whites? I'm sure they are fabulous though especially paired with the food.

We did it. Only one for the two of us. My wife only wanted a sip of each. That was plenty. It was fun having the sommelier describe each one.

I didn't write the wines down but I believe I only had one red (with the Wagyu beef course.) I had the French menu. I think I had a couple sparkling wines in there as well. My favorite was a Taittinger Rose Sparkling Champagne that paired with my scallop course (can't remember exact details but it was fantastic.) We had a similar wine at the beginning of our Remy Brunch the next day. I'm not a huge red wine lover so the pairings worked well for me. Not sure how a red wine would work with the menu though. There was a lot of seafood and subtle flavors that could be overpowered by a red.....but I'm sure the sommelier could find something perfect for you. Sebastian was ours and he seemed to know his wine.

DVCNuts said:
We did it. Only one for the two of us. My wife only wanted a sip of each. That was plenty. It was fun having the sommelier describe each one.

That's a great idea. So they don't mind if one person does the pairing and you share??

I'd rather do that so that we both get to try all the wines, but don't need a glass to ourselves.

Has anyone done the wine pairing option with dinner at Remy?

I believe I saw that it was $99 a person?

Any comments on the wines they pair or if it's better to just bring or buy a bottle for with dinner...

Thanks in advance!

I've done Remy both with and without the wine pairing. Either way was excelllent. When doing the wine pairing, it is a smaller pour than if you would order wine by the glass.

When we didn't do the pairing we had the sommelier come over after we made our menu choice and asked him to pick a wine that would compliment our dinner. He would ask additional questions about our prefences (sweet, dry, white ,red) but we told him he was the professional and we would trust his judgement. Both times the wine went very well with the dinner and neither one overpowered the other. One the Dream the bottle was a Chateauneuf - de - Pape (I brought the bottle home and took it to my local wine store and the closest he had was the '07 Domaine du Grand Tinel - he is a 2nd level sommelier so I knew he would either match what I had or come very close) and on the Fantasy the bottle was Chateau Talbot '04).

The paired wines were:

Smoked Buffalo - Domaine Sasha Lichine Chataeu D'Esclans Rose '09
Grosse Crevette Creme bu Laitue (Shrimp) - Domaine de Ladoucette Pouilly-Fume '06
Cabillaud Girolles Coco Rouge Sauce Chilli (Cod w/ chili sauce) - Trimbach Riesling Frederic Emile '04
Boeuf de Wagyu - Chateau Gloria '08
Paris Brest - Chateau Doisy-Vedrines '06

HTH

Thanks for the quick reply! Good to hear that you enjoyed the pairings.

We're still on the fence about trying them or just picking a nice bottle. I prefer dry reds and if I'm not mistaken, Alsace is predominantly know for whites? I'm sure they are fabulous though especially paired with the food.

We went prior to our reservation and picked out two bottles of wine, one red and one white. I also prefer dry reds and they had an excellent selection of everything; just tell them what you like.

DH and I each ordered different meals and before each course, they would tell us if we should drink our red or white with that one. Excellent meal!

You could try it this way: meet with the sommelier the day of your supper, tell him what you like, and that you want to spend $200 - same as what you'd spend on the pairing. He'll find you some lovely options I'm sure.

We sent my BIL to meet the sommelier with exactly that in mind and $400 to play with for the four of us dining. It worked great.

I have done the wine paring twice at Remy and thought it was great both times. I would recommend it as long as you are open to different varietals. The pairings went perfect with each course. Also, while not full pours, with the multiple glasses I was glad I din't have to drive home from dinner. Either way it is a great and memorable dining experience.

Not to get off topic but I'm thinking of bringing a couple of my best wines from home to Remy. I have bottles of $100 + reds that would probably cost $200 (or more) at Remy or any other similar restaurant. I assume there to be a corkage fee. I have done this before at Palo but never at Remy. I also have a couple of $150 bottles of champagne I could bring. During a 3-4 hour dinner, we find our group of 6 can go through 4 bottles of champagne or wine easily.

We did the wine pairing. I thought it would be interesting to try once. As far as I am concerned, for the same money I think we could have had a nice bottle of red wine off the Remy wine list, a pre-dinner drink each, DH could have had a Spanish Coffee after dinner, and we would have been about $40 to the good.

If you have some fine wine at home, and can get it to the ship without problems (airport security and so on), by all means bring it. You can take your wine to the afternoon with the Sommelier and he will have it served with your dinner.

Gigi22 said:
If you have some fine wine at home, and can get it to the ship without problems (airport security and so on), by all means bring it. You can take your wine to the afternoon with the Sommelier and he will have it served with your dinner.

How early can you bring wine/champagne to Remy? I'm thinking of brining an expensive bottle of champagne from home to have with dinner for our honeymoon; however, after traveling with the champagne, it will not be at optimal drinking temperature. I'm assuming that if I brought the bottle to them in the morning when we wake up that they will chill it and have it ready to serve when we get there for dinner at night? Can someone who has brought wine or champagne with to Remy comment on this process?

Thanks for the tips everyone!

Prior to your reservation you will receive a card delivered to your cabin that invites you to meet with the sommelier a few hours before your dinner reservation. The meetings are in the Meridian Bar. You can take your bottle of champagne with you and give it to the sommelier then. He will get it to optimal serving temperature for your meal.

Please excuse me if this is obvious, but the $99 is the cost for wine and dinner or just the wine portion? Thanks in advance :)

Please excuse me if this is obvious, but the $99 is the cost for wine and dinner or just the wine portion? Thanks in advance :)

Remy dinner is $75 per person. The Remy wine pairing is $99 per person. The cost of the Remy dinner with wine pairings is $174 per person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter