Remy leaving Chefs de France

I saw Remy earlier today. He did look a bit morose. :( My family loves seeing him. The big thing around here the other day is the ducks making their last walk through the Peabody. First the ducks, now the rats.... :confused3

When are the Ducks leaving the Peabody? :guilty: Was hoping to stay a night there in March to let DS see the ducks.

Remy's last day at Chefs de France is going to be October 24th. This makes me so sad, we just saw him last month and he was adorable!

Figures. I have a reservation there October 26th. Was hoping to see him. Oh well.

ETA... Rusty... Where's the calendar you speak of that has him still on it? Is there a link?

Last trip I made a reservation for Chefs de France on a Sunday, not knowing he wouldn't be there so we were disappointed. We have reservation for 10/31 so we will again be disappointed:/

Maybe he needs to be worked on? is he having tech problems?

Greeeeeat! I made reservations just to see Remy and take a pic for my Ratatouille crazed nephew. Guess I'll cancel that ADR now :/

I know lots of people are disappointed but I would urge them to think about keeping the ADR and trying the restaurant anyway. We have never had a bad meal; lunch or dinner.

Chefs is one of the few restaurants we've never been to at EPCOT - might be the only one. Anyway, I'm not even sure why, but no one in the family has ever been interested. When we started thinking about ADRs for this trip, we all agreed, we needed to try Chefs since it was the only place to see Remy. Looked up his schedule and booked our 1st ADR of the trip for Oct 12 at 1:10. I really hope now that we get to see him as it may be our last chance, but I don't think I would change the ADR at this point regardless.

For those of you who scheduled your ADRs to see Remy...Don't cancel! The restaurant is terrific!

Dang, I was hoping to see Patton Oswalt in a rat suit. On my birthday.

Knowing its not Patton and that it's going away is ruining my life right now...

I still have birthday ressies.

I know lots of people are disappointed but I would urge them to think about keeping the ADR and trying the restaurant anyway. We have never had a bad meal; lunch or dinner.

I agree! We've enjoyed lunch at Chefs year after year and will continue to go for the lobster bisque, French onion soup, and Creme Brulee. Oh... and wine! Even if Remy's not there. He was cute but this is a great lunch at Epcot!

I thought I had finally settled on all of our ADRs for our two weeks on the DxDDP next April and now I'm not sure about Chefs de France....

We really enjoyed our lunch there last year but I have to say that was largely down to Remy's visit which was a big surprise for our girls and made their day. The restaurant is lovely and the food was...nice. But it was Remy, setting and then food in that order for us

I'll have to think about whether Chefs minus Remy is enough of a draw for us to make a repeat visit. I know a lot of DISers are saying 'don't cancel' and I would agree for a first time visit, but maybe we should try somewhere new:scratchin

My problem is, a few of the restaurants we want to visit this time don't open for lunch (Via Napoli, Citricos, don't like the HBD lunch menu....) Chefs was a nice spot for lunch so maybe we'll stick with it

I saw Remy earlier today. He did look a bit morose. :( My family loves seeing him. The big thing around here the other day is the ducks making their last walk through the Peabody. First the ducks, now the rats.... :confused3

When are the Ducks leaving the Peabody? :guilty: Was hoping to stay a night there in March to let DS see the ducks.

What is this "ducks" & "Peabody" thing you speak of??

What is this "ducks" & "Peabody" thing you speak of??

1) The Peabody Hotel in Memphis has had ducks since the 1930's.
. . . the stay on the top floor
. . . in the AM, a bellman goes to "retrieve the ducks"
. . . ducks take the elevator down, and march single-file to the fountain on a red carpet
. . . in the PM, they reverse course to elevator and to roof
2) The Peabody in Orlando carries the same tradition.
3) But, the Peabody has been bought out, so the ducks are going.
4) The ducks will "retire" to Memphis with other retired hotel ducks.

NOTE: For a view of the ducks, go to http://www.peabodymemphis.com/peabody-ducks/

I love Remy and am so glad to have seen him twice. However, I agree wtih the others, don't cancel your ADR, the lunch at Chefs is sooooooooooooooo delicious!!!

1) The Peabody Hotel in Memphis has had ducks since the 1930's.
. . . the stay on the top floor
. . . in the AM, a bellman goes to "retrieve the ducks"
. . . ducks take the elevator down, and march single-file to the fountain on a red carpet
. . . in the PM, they reverse course to elevator and to roof
2) The Peabody in Orlando carries the same tradition.
3) But, the Peabody has been bought out, so the ducks are going.
4) The ducks will "retire" to Memphis with other retired hotel ducks.

NOTE: For a view of the ducks, go to http://www.peabodymemphis.com/peabody-ducks/

1) Just curious...

2) Why do you always number your topics?

3) ;)

Ok, this sucks. We ate dinner at Chefs last trip, my DH liked it, but I was totally underwhelmed....

I booked lunch for our upcoming trip based on Remy being there and the lunch menu being different from dinner.....

If Remy is not going to be there, I really don't feel the pull to eating lunch there now and will be cancelling my ADR.

Just silly to pull Remy indefinitely I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter