• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Remy experiences

engle

DIS Veteran
Has anyone done the small plates, dinner, brunch and the dessert experience all in the same cruise? Opinions, reviews, thoughts about the Remy experiences? I've done dinner once on the dream but headed out on a 7 night fantasy in December.

We have done Remy dinner and brunch....all i can say is AMAZING!!!! I should also say I am a Palo snob and it is my favorite. What i have learned is that they are very different experiences. When we cruise we always book both, so i encourage you to try both or alternate when you cruise. Palo is always an inviting dining experience, very Italian...engaging and delicious. We find Remy more of a culinary experience. The staff is just as amazing as Palo, but different. It is hard to explain, which is why I think we do both every trip.
Let em know if you have specific questions, but there is no way you will be disappointed if you got to either...but try for both:flower:

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg I really enjoyed the dessert experience. My husband doesn't like dessert (insane) so I was alone. I totally enjoyed it. Especially the free Champagne.

I thought it should have pasted longer, but that's just me. I would have enjoyed more chocolate free selections. :blush:

I never seem to be able to post pictures correctly, but I'll give it a try.

I would like to hear more, too! We are doing all 4 during our 7-night Western Fantasy in mid-April. I will write myself a note and try to update here when I return, but hopefully someone else can answer before then. We LOVE Remy! I do know that the "small plates" experience cannot be booked until you board, and it is held the first evening at 6:00, I believe. Shoreside Concierge did not make us any promises as to whether or not it would be offered - their wording was to "inquire upon boarding". I'm ASSUMING that this is still being offered, but I haven't heard many reports lately, so I am not going into our sailing with any huge expectations.

We were able to make reservations for the Dessert Experience, which is going to be held on the final sea day beginning at 3:30. In fact, between booking the dessert experience and also hoping for the small plates experience, I switched our dining for the first time ever to second seating. It's definitely a "Remy-centric" cruise to make sure an impact on our usual plans! :flower1:

We are also attending Palo brunch and dinner, so perhaps if my photos turn out OK, I can do a "Food Experience" trip report. It will be a great time.

If I'm going to do the dinner at Remy, is it pointless to do small plates?
Small plates? Do you mean ala carte? I think as you taste your way through either menu you are essentially getting several small plates. Not sure if that's what you are asking but I really recommend people do the suggested menus as they are planned by the chef. Enjoy!

Small plates? Do you mean ala carte? I think as you taste your way through either menu you are essentially getting several small plates. Not sure if that's what you are asking but I really recommend people do the suggested menus as they are planned by the chef. Enjoy!

From what I understand, the OP is talking about the special dining event at Remy offered only on the first evening at 6:00. The small plates experience is formally titled "Les Petites Assiettes de Remy" sp?? But it's easier to say small plates than remember how to spell it, unless you are familiar with French. Here is my favorite review of the event:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/di...late-dessert-experience-wine-tasting.3371634/

From what it looks like in the review, it may or may not be enough to eat in place of dinner, depending on appetite. It is meant to be an introduction to Remy for new cruisers or those who have not yet eaten there. But it is open to everyone, so knowing that I love the food from Remy, and this may have a couple of different items that we've tried before, I am hoping to get tickets for our sailing in April. We have late dining, so we can still meet our son for dinner then, and have a bit more if we are still hungry. $50 pp is what I've heard, but can't verify that. It's pretty pricey, but it will be an excellent cruise memory, for us at least, so we're going to give it a whirl.

I have some food allergies, so spoke to Remy in advance, they gave me my own menu on arrival accommodating my requests. If you want something ask, thry will try to accommodate it, but try to do it in advance. Remy is fantastic. They love to cook, outside the box.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter