Remy Brunch - January, 2013

ehagerty

DIS Veteran
From the menu
Bonjour and welcome to Remy, Disney Cruise Line's luxurious gourmet French Restaurant. Remy creates a dynamic landscape where the talents of Chef Arnaud Lallement from L'Assiette Champenoise, of a two-star Michelin restaurant in Reims, France and Scott Hunnel, from award-winning Victoria and Albert's at Walt Disney World, combine to deliver a menu of Epicurean excellence.

Prepare your taste buds to be dazzled by this delectable display of contemporary and modern French cuisine, accompanied with some of the world finest wines. Be our Guest on your journey in a Champagne Brunch of culinary delight and exquisite service.​

=================================================

Chef Benoit and Manager David greeting guests

p1393977728-4.jpg

Display of Champagne available on board the ship (not the selection for the brunch pairing)

p1393979564-4.jpg

Brunch starts in the wine room, with Jamon Iberico

p1393981262-4.jpg

Chef Benoit's introductions

p1394006378-4.jpg

Florian, the ship's sommelier, describing the Champagne

p1394007972-4.jpg

Champagnes on display that ARE the pairings for brunch

p1393989900-4.jpg

Taittinger - with a Disney Cruise ship on the label
(available only on DCL) - everyone at brunch received a complimentary glass of this.

p1393988404-4.jpg

Cheers

p1394005734-4.jpg

Sample table for two, by the window; ocean-view. Sea salt on the table for you to mix into the butter (or any purpose) as you see fit. Souvenir menus resting inside the Remy menu "sleeve" beside the plate.

p1393992094-4.jpg

Cushy booth, set for two (recessed from the window)

p1393993724-4.jpg

David, showing how Remy has been integrated into the design of the chair.

p1394010650-4.jpg

and upholstery

p1394011484-4.jpg

Here, he is pointing out the pictures on the wall, as DS and DF have not seen them before.

p1394012716-4.jpg

Our table, bread & butter

p1394013372-4.jpg

Sweetcorn Emulsion
Taittinger Prestige Cuvee Rose NV​

p1394015626-4.jpg

p1394018008-4.jpg

Checking the color

p1394018242-4.jpg

Lobster Cannelloni, Caviar

p1394020124-4.jpg

Praline

p1394049296-4.jpg

We liked this so much, we requested it again for dinner - and there is a better picture of it on that thread.

Final treats - suckers, marshmallows, and the other thing

p1394056846-4.jpg

Looks incredible! I've seen the menu before and the items were different. Did DCL update Remy brunch menus? Is it still a set menu or do you now choose dishes? And is this on the Dream, or Fantasy? I'm now even more excited as I have reservations for the Feb 23 sailing on the Fantasy :goodvibes

Everything looks wonderful. We've done Remy 3 times for dinner, which were incredible ::yes::. We're planning on doing the the champagne brunch in June when we sail on the Fantasy. After viewing the photos, it's going to be tough waiting for June to roll around. :sad:

Thank you for sharing! These are different to what we had in October on the Fantasy but look so good. And I love seeing Florian again!
Wendy

Looks incredible! I've seen the menu before and the items were different. Did DCL update Remy brunch menus? Is it still a set menu or do you now choose dishes? And is this on the Dream, or Fantasy? I'm now even more excited as I have reservations for the Feb 23 sailing on the Fantasy :goodvibes
I don't know if they updated the brunch menu, as this was my first brunch here - however, the Dis-Foodie-FB group all commented that is was good to see change, so I am guessing "Yes."

It is still a set menu, unlike dinner, where you have choices. I don't know what they do if you don't like something - try to accommodate, I guess.

This was on the Fantasy (Jan 14, 2013).
Everything looks wonderful. We've done Remy 3 times for dinner, which were incredible ::yes::. We're planning on doing the the champagne brunch in June when we sail on the Fantasy. After viewing the photos, it's going to be tough waiting for June to roll around. :sad:
It will be worth the wait. We are holding a reservation for next January, with hopes of doing more of these. The premium food options have become more of the sailing attraction than port excursions at this point (not that they are mutually exclusive), since we have been in the ports so many times (good problem to have, I know).
Thank you for sharing! These are different to what we had in October on the Fantasy but look so good. And I love seeing Florian again! Wendy
Thanks for subscribing. Florian was great.

Florian is directly responsible for our new expensive champagne habit. :rotfl2:
Which one did you develop an affinity for? I actually bought a couple of bottles of Verve Clicquot Yellow label - one for New Year's Eve ($42) and one for sail away from our verandah at our liquor store stop on the way to the ship ($53) based on the Flying Fish Dinner (12/14). It is a problem being exposed to the "good stuff." I don't experiment at $50/bottle - but, apparently, I will BUY at $50/bottle, if I KNOW it will be good. We also repeated the champagne testing (Dream) because we had some newbies - also fun, but I didn't rush out and buy any.

Will be posting much more, including mixology with Damian, various tasting and excursions! Stay tuned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter