• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Remy and palos waste of money on Fantasy?

:thumbsup2 I when someone tells me something similar to what the server told these passengers, I usually ignore it. Just sounds like someone with an axe to grind.

Sounds like it! It made me kinda sad to hear her believe it though.

It would be nice, especially starting off with a nice Colette cocktail. Can't imagine Remy dinners in the MDR taking 3 hours or more, would be interesting...

Oh my yes! They gave us two Colette cocktail during dinner! It was wonderful! Best three hours spent!

Recently my future in laws went on a cruise on the fantasy June 21 and told me that their waiter explained to them that Remy and Palo was a waste of money because you can order the same food on the menu and have it served to the main dining room. Something didn't sound quite right to me as the future DH went to Remy on the Dream last year, and had an amazing time. Maybe the Fantasy is different? I'm not sure, can someone explain whether this is true or not?

I would have immediately ordered the chocolate soufflé!

I'm not 100% sure, but can't concierge order from Palo and Remy and get delivered to their room? Maybe that is where the confusion came in. We have done Palo dinner on the Dream and Palo brunch on the Fantasy - both were amazing. Haven t had the chance to do Remy yet, but would in a heartbeat if I could convince my partner that it is ok to dress up while on vacation.

I have done concierge on the Dream and Fantasy and I believe this is for the Walt and Roy suite's only. Last time we asked (Fantasy, last year) it was only for those two suites.

Clint

Recently my future in laws went on a cruise on the fantasy June 21 and told me that their waiter explained to them that Remy and Palo was a waste of money because you can order the same food on the menu and have it served to the main dining room. Something didn't sound quite right to me as the future DH went to Remy on the Dream last year, and had an amazing time. Maybe the Fantasy is different? I'm not sure, can someone explain whether this is true or not?

No true at all! In fact, both Remy and Palo offer very different specialized menus. Odd that the CM would be negative about anything.......

I read here on the DIS (so we know it must be true!) :lmao: that the Remy chefs have their own food supplies separate from the MDR kitchens.

Food in the MDR's is mass-produced. Remy is unlike any cuisine we've experienced on a ship. Palo is nice, but does not compare to Remy.

if a MDR waiter told us we could order Remy food, I'd order something to make him to prove it.

I have done concierge on the Dream and Fantasy and I believe this is for the Walt and Roy suite's only. Last time we asked (Fantasy, last year) it was only for those two suites. atct

That's what I originally thought, or at least you could room service it in. Lol :-)

No true at all! In fact, both Remy and Palo offer very different specialized menus. Odd that the CM would be negative about anything.......

I thought it was odd as well. Maybe he wanted more tips and thought lying could be the way to get them. /:

I read here on the DIS (so we know it must be true!) :lmao: that the Remy chefs have their own food supplies separate from the MDR kitchens. Food in the MDR's is mass-produced. Remy is unlike any cuisine we've experienced on a ship. Palo is nice, but does not compare to Remy. if a MDR waiter told us we could order Remy food, I'd order something to make him to prove it.

I love Remy! It was one of my favorite experiences on the Dream! Even if I could order in MDR, I probably still wouldn't just for the experience and more quiet atmosphere! Love kids but I need a small break lol!

we were on the fantasy in march and did both remy and palo for brunch. both had great food and service, but for the money, palo was much more reasonable at $25/pp. our waiter kept the champagne flowing and the desserts kept coming. we had a great view, and it was a very quaint atmosphere!

I thought it was odd as well. Maybe he wanted more tips and thought lying could be the way to get them. /:

OR, maybe your in-laws misunderstood what he was saying or misinterpreted it, and it wasn't the server at all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter