• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Removing Tickets from Magic Band

WendyBelle

Mouseketeer
I have looked over Cheshire Figment's Ticket Sticky, but cannot find the answer to my question.

We will be at Disney in a couple of weeks and already have our magic bands.

My question is this:
We are AP holders, but purchased 2 day tickets so that we would be eligible for free dining. On MDE account, both our AP's and the 2 day KTTW tickets show up. Anyone have experience removing the 2 day ticket from the Magic Bands to save for a future trip?

We don't want to accidentally use those two day tickets (because they're attached to our MDE acct. and therefore our bands) when we can use our AP's for this trip.

Is it as simple as deactivating the 2 day tickets from our MDE account?

Also, how will we access these tickets at a later date when we are ready to use them?

I had this question too, and when I called Disney IT, they told me to stop at Guest Relations before entering the park and ask them to make sure that our Magic Bands are giving the AP priority over the tickets.

Guest Relations outside the park can unlink tickets. They did it for us on our October trip with the Halloween party tickets.

We were in WDW 21-28OCT and had the exact situation you are describing.

We have AP but had to purchase the 2day to get free dining. After we entered MK on our first day, I wondered if there was any chance our MB was not linked to our AP correctly. We went into City Hall and checked. Sure enough, one of the sisters had the 2day linked up and not her AP. It took a few minutes, but they got it all straightened out. He credited the day back to the 2day and showed her entered into the park on the AP. The CM was so apologetic, and he wrote us up a paper FP to use because of our "long wait time"!

I definitely think it is worth the few minutes to stop and check it out...it will save you lots of hassle in the future.

We were in WDW 21-28OCT and had the exact situation you are describing.

We have AP but had to purchase the 2day to get free dining. After we entered MK on our first day, I wondered if there was any chance our MB was not linked to our AP correctly. We went into City Hall and checked. Sure enough, one of the sisters had the 2day linked up and not her AP. It took a few minutes, but they got it all straightened out. He credited the day back to the 2day and showed her entered into the park on the AP. The CM was so apologetic, and he wrote us up a paper FP to use because of our "long wait time"!

I definitely think it is worth the few minutes to stop and check it out...it will save you lots of hassle in the future.

Where are your 2 day tickets now? Are they just saved to your MDE acct. or do you have an actual paper or hard copy ticket? I'm a little worried to just have them linked to my acct. and not have an actual ticket.

Thanks so much for your help!:thumbsup2

Ask to have the tickets removed from MBs and put on plastic card media (like the KTTW cards) that you can take home with you.

On our 2011 trip we had 2-day tickets on our KTTW cards that we weren't going to use that trip. At the concierge desk, this was done for us. I will say that the CM struggled to do it, as more advanced ticketing procedures isn't their area of expertise. Better to go to a Guest Relations site inside or outside of every park, also at the TTC and 2 at DTD. We put our new 2-day ticket cards in an envelope that we labeled with pertinent info. We'll use these tickets next trip to enter a park, then upgrade them.

Important that you know how to upgrade these tickets that you want to use in the future after Disney has increased ticket pricing. The ticket sticky, Everything About WDW Tickets," at the top of this forum, explains everything, especially post 6 and post 22. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684

Ask to have the tickets removed from MBs and put on plastic card media (like the KTTW cards) that you can take home with you.

On our 2011 trip we had 2-day tickets on our KTTW cards that we weren't going to use that trip. At the concierge desk, this was done for us. I will say that the CM struggled to do it, as more advanced ticketing procedures isn't their area of expertise. Better to go to a Guest Relations site inside or outside of every park, also at the TTC and 2 at DTD. We put our new 2-day ticket cards in an envelope that we labeled with pertinent info. We'll use these tickets next trip to enter a park, then upgrade them.

Important that you know how to upgrade these tickets that you want to use in the future after Disney has increased ticket pricing. The ticket sticky, Everything About WDW Tickets," at the top of this forum, explains everything, especially post 6 and post 22. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684

Thank You! This makes me feel much better and I like your idea of putting them in an envelope with all the details (cause knowing me, I'd forget).

Thank You! This makes me feel much better and I like your idea of putting them in an envelope with all the details (cause knowing me, I'd forget).

There have been folks who threw away their old cards with unused tickets still on them. But if you have reservation info about the old trip, and/or CC info, Disney can track the ticket purchase/history and replace them (in person, not by phone). Problem is, some people don't remember about the old tickets for a long time. Then they can't remember which trip had leftover tickets on their cards. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter