Removing (red) Pen Ink from Clothing?

HeatherBelle614

Always wishing on a star!
Well, DH (who I am obviously not happy with right now) left a red ink pen in his pocket. (I always have to ask him if he emptied his pockets; he's horrible about leaving pens in there. And this time, I made him swear he'd checked them and trusted that he'd done it.)

So, one washload later, everything is spotted in red ink (hmm, you swear you checked your pockets?)

Two of his work pants are in there, along with several of my work shirts. And, this week, our cat somehow got in to our wedding memory box in my closet and drug out the bride undies (made for me with the date and everything) my mom had bought me for our wedding day. (We've only been married a year, and I didn't even use them to keep them as a memory.) But, the kitty drug them out and got litter all of them, so I decided to wash them, and of course, they were in this load.

I've put hairspray on all of the spots and then stainsticked them all (scrubbed until I couldn't feel my arms), and washed them in hot water. This is the second time that I've repeated the process, and the spots are still there.

Anyone have any budget friendly tips, or are our few hundred dollars and special memory clothing completely ruined?

:eek::eek::eek:

Did your hairspray have Acetone in it? I think that is the key. If not maybe a light dab of nailpolish remover (with acetone).

Try a cheap hairspray, I"ve had better luck with them than with the "good stuff", lol.

The only thing I could ever get red ink out with was "carbona" in a lil yellow bottle. They have them in the laundry aisle of the supermarket. They have different formulations for different types of stains. Make sure to buy the one for "ink"

I had good luck getting red pen out with alcohol - I used ethanol, but I would think isopropanol (you should be able to get it in the grocery store HBA area) would work. Good luck!

another vote for rubbing alcohol. I used to work nights and we had to use red ink for charting at night. I had many leaking pens in my pockets and alcohol always took the ink out with out ruining the color of the uniform.

Magic Eraser - it has worked for me on marker stains that had been through the washer and dryer. Mix it with Tide to Go pen for a double whammy!!!

I have had good luck with Spot Shot. It is in a blue can with an orange top and is a carpet cleaner. I have used it to get out ink stains (although not red ink) and baby formula stains out of clothes. I hope something works for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter