REMINDER: ESTA is now charged at $14!

scottishgirl87

DIS Veteran
This is a reminder for myself as much as anyone :thumbsup2 Plan to do mine tonight!

Remember from the 8th September that ESTA will cost $14 for EACH person! So do it now to avoid the charge ;)

Not sure if I'll be able to myself, but if not, could the Mods maybe change the amount of days on this thread in the "countdown" to the day the charge comes in?

Official Website - https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/esta.html

I don't think DD7 passport will be back in time:sad2:, so I think I will be charged for her's...but the rest of the clan's is done:thumbsup2

Thanks for the reminder, I need to update mine. :thumbsup2

I have just this morning sent off to renew our passports, I would like to think the new passports will arrive in the next 6 days just in the nick of time to save some dollars, but knowing me, I will miss the deadline and end up paying :rolleyes: but you never know

My sister posted 5 passport applications last Thursday and got 4 of them back this morning:thumbsup2. She didn't pay the extra for the quick service so those of you waiting could be in with a chance of getting them back quite soon.

Hi:goodvibes

We actually received a letter from virgin to remind us which I thought was rather nice:thumbsup2

I did ours this morning and my husbands application came back as PENDING:confused3 I called him to say that he will have a very quiet two weeks without me and the kids :rotfl2:

Not going till next Sept so Im sure will be resolved by then - we only came back from Florida this July !!

Sx

Hi:goodvibes

We actually received a letter from virgin to remind us which I thought was rather nice:thumbsup2

Sx

We did too! I have just done all of ours. :goodvibes

Thanks for the reminder, :wizard:

done ours - hate paying for things that were free, don't they know how much I spend when i'm allowed in :lmao:

Did mine at the weekend, I didn't trust my terrible memory to leave any closer to the deadline, even with reminders popping up here!

howdy all :)

we completed our ESTA forms last week (thurs i think) but all of them were 'pending' and we have not heard anything back....
has anyone else had this response and has it been resolved? I thought it might be because me and DH have ESTA's already (valid for another few months) but as they are going up in price, we figured that we would get them while free :) also our DD is new to travel so got her one too, but this was also 'pending'. we travel in october (only next month!!!:banana:)

howdy all :)

we completed our ESTA forms last week (thurs i think) but all of them were 'pending' and we have not heard anything back....
has anyone else had this response and has it been resolved? I thought it might be because me and DH have ESTA's already (valid for another few months) but as they are going up in price, we figured that we would get them while free :) also our DD is new to travel so got her one too, but this was also 'pending'. we travel in october (only next month!!!:banana:)

They won't contact you so you won't hear anything back, you just have to log back into your application to check it's all ok (an app being Pending isn't that unusual) and then print it off for safety's sake incase there's a hiccup.

Thanks for that - just checked and we are all approved :cool1:

phew - one more thing to tick off the 'to do' list... seems to be getting longer by the minute trying to pack for an 8 month old.. and we've still 8 weeks to go:)

If your ESTA is currently VALID, can you modify the details (eg hotel etc) and get a further 2 years from now, or do you need to complete a fresh application ?
Can you re-apply or will it detect from your name - DOB etc that you currently have a valid one?

If your ESTA is currently VALID, can you modify the details (eg hotel etc) and get a further 2 years from now, or do you need to complete a fresh application ?

It won't refresh if you make an amendment, it'll keep the original expiry date, so you'll need to make a fresh application to get 2 full years on it.

Can you re-apply or will it detect from your name - DOB etc that you currently have a valid one?

It's fine to re-apply, it just overwrites the old one :)

Well even after posting this yesterday I completely forgot to do mine last night :flower3:

Off I go now! Before I forget again!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter