Remind me, when are seating times???

Wishing on a star

DIS Veteran
I was looking forward to the late seating, but now realize that when we travel, the sun will going down as early as 6:30EST.... I am thinking, Hey if it is going to be dark, then why not go ahead and do the early seating...

When exactly are seating times again?

And, I am assuming that the ships follow FL time, either EST or EDT....

Thanks!

6:00 and 8:30 pm, in the time zone that the ship is in that day. :)

So, on a four day, it would always be EST, right?

Would the ship ever change times on the seven day??

Thanks Michelle!!!

Okay, I think that I was getting incorrect information on when it gets dark during our cruise. Weather.com is now showing that the sun does not set until after 7:00p.m. EST. ( I had thought that 6:30 sounded too early!)

So, at 5:00 there are still two hours of daylight, and hopefully some sunshine! Think I will stick to our plans for the later seating.

Anyone know for sure if we will always be on EST? I checked a couple web sites on the Bahamas, and none list any time zone?

The clock is not changed on the 3-day or 4-day cruises. The clock changes on the 7-day Western, although the location of the change is different depending on the time of year. The clock changes on the Eastern during the Winter, but not during the Summer. I have details about this at my web site...

www.dcltribute.com/faq/timechange.htm

I am so confused. If we are on the October 25th Western, are we going back 2 hours between Key West, Grand Caymen, and Cozumel, and then forward 1 hour between Cozumel and Key West? The 26th is the last Sunday of the month.
Thanks!

Originally posted by laurenk

If we are on the October 25th Western, are we going back 2 hours between Key West, Grand Caymen, and Cozumel, and then forward 1 hour between Cozumel and Key West? The 26th is the last Sunday of the month.

Interesting special situation for you, laurenk.

You will set your clocks back before you retire on Saturday night (between Port Canaveral and Key West). You will be changing from Eastern Daylight Time to Eastern Standard Time

You will set your clocks back another hour between Grand Cayman and Cozumel. You will be changing from Eastern Standard Time to Central Standard Time.

You will set your clocks forward one hour between Cozumel and Castaway Cay. You will be changing from Central Standard Time back to Eastern Standard Time.

Thanks Dave:D

I am sure they announce all of this on the ship right?
I pm'd you as well about something else, if you don't mind.

Right now on the east coast (Clearwater, FL) it's dark by 6PM. The time change is in April (Spring ahead!)

Dave, pardon a dumb question but I'm not smart enough to figure this out:

On the March Western Magic cruise, can you please tell me what the on-ship "body clock" time would be to a cruiser used to Central time, at what would be 6 p.m. in Central time?

For example, while in Key West at 6 p.m. shipboard time, what time would it be in Central time? Same question for sea days and Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

I remember that on our Eastern cruise last year with early seating, due to time zone changes we ended up eating at times that were extremely early by our "body clocks".

Thanks for any help you can give clueing me in!

Originally posted by liza

On the March Western Magic cruise, can you please tell me what the on-ship "body clock" time would be to a cruiser used to Central time, at what would be 6 p.m. in Central time?

For example, while in Key West at 6 p.m. shipboard time, what time would it be in Central time? Same question for sea days and Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

6pm Central time would come at 7:00 onboard while at Port Canaveral, Key West, Grand Cayman, and Castway Cay.

6pm Central time would come at 6:00 onboard while at Cozumel.

THANKS, DAVE!

So since we're scheduled to eat at what will seem like 5 p.m. to us -- too early -- I'll probably change to late dining. Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge and expertise!

Liza

(and Cherylp3, if your excursion won't have you back on the ship by your dinnertime, you can eat at Topsiders.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter