1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Remind me...TIW card & DVC discount

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by dr&momto2boys, Jan 25, 2013.

1. dr&momto2boys

dr&momto2boys DIS Veteran

Do most restaurants offer a DVC 10% off discount?

Even if they do, I think it may be worth it to get the TIW card.

We're getting APs and have 3 trips planned. I can't remember the cost or the amount at which we would break even, but I'm thinking with 6 of us (2 adults/3 kids/1 toddler) on this trip (6 days with 1 TS planned per day) and another trip planned in September for 7 days and same group and plan it will be worth it. On top of that we have another 7 days planned in November with extended family but will probably use the DDP that time for ease of use with a big group. Some of them order cocktails and Grandma buys special drinks for the kids which we can also use the discount on (as long as they're with us.)

Right?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. JennaDeeDooDah

JennaDeeDooDah My oh my what a wonderful day!

It looks like there really aren't that many restaurants that give DVC discounts:
    TIW gives 20% discount including all alcohol and is accepted at more locations. Depending on where you are eating, I would think that TiW would be worth the money.

4. jwfla422

jwfla422 DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Absolutely a good choice to go with TIW with the amount of trips you're planning. Don't forget DVC/AP members can purchase it for $100--thus the "break even" expense is $500 which is easily spent in one trip with your family of 6 (even if most are children).:thumbsup2

I don't know if you'll have a car, but keep in mind valet at the resorts is also free with the TIW (of course not including tip for the valet).

5. dr&momto2boys

dr&momto2boys DIS Veteran

Cool! Thanks, guys!

I've run the numbers so many times for past trips, that now I just assume it's the right choice, but I was feeling guilty about not obsessing enough, I guess! :goodvibes

6. marciagms

marciagms Mouseketeer

Can you use both DVC card and TIW card at the same time?

7. purple figment

purple figment DIS Veteran

You cannot stack discounts.

8. Tamar

Tamar DIS Veteran

The break even is actually closer to $1000 spent if you eat at mostly restaurants where you'd get the 10% DVC discount. It's still probably worth it for the number of people and number of trips you have. And of course there are more options with TiW and the discount is also on drinks.

FYI, the list of restaurants above is a very old list.There are more restaurants now, and more dinners. (example: Spoodles is on the list posted, and Flying Fish and Kouzinna are not. We got the DVC discount at both Flying Fish and Kouzinna last month).

9. marciagms

marciagms Mouseketeer

Can TIW be used for counter service meals or just all table service meals?

10. ses1230

ses1230 DIS Veteran

At AK and the value resorts you can use the TIW at CS restaurants.

11. purple figment

purple figment DIS Veteran

It is not all TS restaurants. The ones that I can think of that don't participate are La Hacienda,Teppan Edo and Rainforest Cafe.

For CS places, the only ones included are the food courts at the value resorts, Sassagoula at POFQ, Artist Palette at SSR and Flame Tree, Pizzafari and Restaurantosaurus in AK.

Here's the complete list:
    http://tablesinwonderland.com/

12. bumbershoot

bumbershoot DIS Veteran

That's for sure!

It refers to McDonald's, for instance!

OP, check the "portable perks" pamphlet, or even go to it through the dvcmember page. That will give you the current places with the DVC discount so you can see.

For us, with our plans, there were exactly two places on the DVC discount list where we're dining. We're getting the TIW card. :)