Remember when? Disney World nostalgia...

I miss when humans used to sew your name on the back of your mouse ears. I miss that a lot (probably because that was my first job as a CM).

I miss Confectioners and the Kodak Camera Center on Main Street.

I will always miss Captain EO and the Kodak pre-show (Makin' Memories!)

I miss being there every day the most. :lovestruc

I do miss the Makin' Memories movie, especially the song. However, I miss Captain EO on purpose. :rotfl:

I miss the pre-shows. When F! first opened, there was live entertainment in the front of the venue, to keep you occupied and happy while waiting (for a loooong time) for the show to begin- jugglers, comedy show, etc. 4 for a Dollar, an incredibly talented a cappella group, used to ham it up (pretending to be stage crew) and then entertain before Beauty and the Beast. We have one of their CDs- they were so good!

One thing that bothers me, that I am not fond of, is all the interactive, virtual entertainment that Disney is going over to in the WDW queues, end of Spaceship Earth, etc. Not everything needs to be interactive, IMO!

I miss:
the loop of classic Disney cartoons and series that played on tv at the resorts

knowing that when we arrived and throughout our stays every cm would be polite and have a smile on their faces

varied merchandise at the parks and the resorts

Horizons

characters walking throughout the park-some of our best memories are of my kids run ins with The Red Queen, Jafar, and Captain Hook

an unobstructed view of The Great Movie Ride -no stupid big blue hat

I miss Tony's Town Square serving breakfast. We used to ask to be seated out in the greenhouse so the sunshine could pour down onto our table as we ate what were probably the best cinnamon sticky buns with cinnamon butter you could get anywhere on the planet. You used to get a newspaper as a menu that you could keep as a souvenir, The Main Street Gazette. "All The News That Fits, We Print!" :rotfl:

Still have mine from 1992 or 94. The prices are so cheap looking back.

Can't believe we went six pages (unless I missed it) but what about the Electrical Light Parade on Main Street in DL?

We saw it once at DCA maybe 13 years ago, it was after we go married, but before the kid joined us.

I miss when there was actually an "off" season. The weather would be wonderful and we "locals" could go to the park and walk onto any ride.

Horizons Food rocks SKyway cable cars World of Motion (don't get me wrong I love TT also) The hydrolators at the Living Seas and the movie that proceeded your entry to the building. I also miss the original Journey to Imagination. Also miss the Timekeeper Robin Williams doing the voice really made this great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD2SlfF1Nfg

I miss the original Future World the most. It used to be so amazing with all of the audioanimatronics on the rides and the great characters and entertainment. We could spend hours in Communicore just learning and playing. It was also fun to make your dining reservations at a kiosk. I don't mind change but Future World has not changed well IMO.

I also miss River Country and affordable deluxe resorts.

I miss when humans used to sew your name on the back of your mouse ears. I miss that a lot (probably because that was my first job as a CM).

I miss Confectioners and the Kodak Camera Center on Main Street.

I will always miss Captain EO and the Kodak pre-show (Makin' Memories!)

I miss being there every day the most. :lovestruc
The pre-shows were amazing. True Colors really got to me too.

True Colors made me teary, too. Put those 3D glasses on ASAP!

I miss the People Mover and the shrinking ride at DL. I barely remember that Pirate restaurant in DL but I always thought it was a shame it left. I also vaguely remember a Polynesian restaurant and show at DL hotel way back when.

Characters roaming freely is a good one.

The rockets above the people mover instead of in front of Tomorrowland.

Country Bear Jamboree and the Mile Long Bar in DL.

The Christmas store in NO Square in DL.

I agree with the People Mover and Monsanto (the shrinking people). I did think that was real people going up into the shrinker rocket or whatever it was.
I miss how uncomplicated it use to be. No fastpass, no early entry for this person but not for that person, early early entry for hotel guests....etc.

That shrinking ride....I was terrified of it! I thought I'd not change back to regular size and the big eye looking at me freaked me out. It was called Adventure Thru Inner Space. The 5 year old me is kind of glad it's gone.

I miss the Living Seas before the Nemo revamp. Something about being in the Hydrolators was cool to me as a kid.

My mom and I also miss Journey into Imagination. We sing one little spark occasionally.

HIStA, sitting at the tables across from the Plaza restaurant eating ice cream watchin show in front of the castle, the parade etc coming from the hub. OH an sitting at one of the little umbrella tables down the steps from the Plaza restaurant an eating ice cream watchin show an crowds etc GRRRRRRRRRRR

What's HIStA?

I wish we could have ridden the Skyway. Our first trip was in March 1999, and it might have been temporarily closed. Our next trip was October 1999, but we didn't ride. Sad about that now, as Skyway rides are my idea of a thrill ride!

I miss seeing Osbourne Lights on the original Backlot, where they had houses from TV sitcoms and such. The OL decorated the houses and floated overhead, and you could roam through what appeared to be neighborhoods, looking at the lights, just like seeing Christmas lights in a real neighborhood, only on steroids! I don't enjoy them as much now that they are displayed in streams covering the fronts of the big buildings.

When MK was only park
Crystal palace was an elegant place to eat-no characters
It was our Fave MK lunch spot

Also , even in the early 90's characters roamed everywhere and it was easy to get a pic , because there were NO CROWDS:rolleyes1

The red double decker busses that circled the lake in World Showcase

I miss the Shooting Galery where you shot pellets at the targets. The Magic shop and most of the other shops on Main Street. I like the fact that you pay one price, but it was nice to buy extra E-Tickets to go on the major attractions, which in the early 70's were few and far between.

Figment with Dreamfinder and the upstairs interactive room. - A great family attraction.

Food Rocks - Just fun and clever entertainment.

The original Spaceship Earth - It told a wondrous thought provoking story.

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea - Back then we were not so spoiled by flashy high tech entertainment.

Skyway - Never forgot watching the fireworks while gliding over the park.

SpectroMagic Parade - How could they take it away forever.

Cranium Command :thumbsup2

Definitely! My father actually video taped it (I don't think he knew he wasn't supposed to do that) and we still have it 20+ years later.

I miss the ORIGINAL JII and Dreamfinder! I also miss the upstairs and all the fun stuff that was there for kids to do! I can't stand it now and will skip over it when we go back.

Another one I miss is Pleasure Island. Especially The Adventurers Club!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter