• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Remember the reason!

kazlac4

DIS Veteran
Happy Memorial Day Weekend to all. Have fun where ever you are but please remember the sacrifices made by our military and their families..say a prayer of thanks to all who have paid the ultimate price..:littleangel:

Happy Memorial Day Weekend to all. Have fun where ever you are but please remember the sacrifices made by our military and their families..say a prayer of thanks to all who have paid the ultimate price..:littleangel:

I served from 1970 to 1990 and now in my 60's really appreciate the folks that walk up to me, shake my hand and thank me for my service. I simply say it was my pleasure, but the real heroes are the wives/husbands that have to endure the 6mos to 1yr. loss of their husband/wives and maintain whatever family the service member has left behind. My wife was pregnant with both our sons for the whole time I was deployed and while I did get home a about a week before our oldest was born, I was still deployed when our second was born.

From my standpoint it's my DW that desires all the credit for a job well done.

Larry

Having a brother who is an officer return in the last 6 month from his second tour, to seeing his son and my sister's son deploy as officers themselves, being recent ROTC grads, it makes this time of the year even more special, we are proud of their service, just as we were of my fathers service. To all service members and families, you are in our prayers! And we are proud and thankful for your service!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter