Remember the FD resort upgrades last year???

cat83, your comment about folks staying on site not necessarily meaning that the parks would be fuller is something I had never thought of.

Now that is why I am for civil discourse. More of it would elevate the intelligence of all concerned.

Thanks, Slightly Goofy

When I tried week of 8/15-8/22 ALL values and Mods were sold out - not for free dining but for ALL rooms. That worries me know - I have nightmares of 2 hour waits for rides and restaurants!

How do you find out how many rooms are still available at your resort during your travel week? Are you calling reservations and asking? :confused3

I recently got some paperwork regarding our upcoming trip that says we can now check-in on-line prior to our arrival. I can't remember doing this before so am wondering if it is new. Do any of you folks who got the upgrade last year have an opinion as to whether our chances for an upgrade would be better with checking in on-line or waiting until we get to the resort?

When I tried week of 8/15-8/22 ALL values and Mods were sold out - not for free dining but for ALL rooms. That worries me know - I have nightmares of 2 hour waits for rides and restaurants!

I noticed this also. I'm just going to go and have fun. I've had my ADR's for months now. I'm in Disney, I'm just going to enjoy it!

How do you find out how many rooms are still available at your resort during your travel week

online reservations shows every Mod & Value filled for 8/15-8/22. That's a lot of people in line at once!

People people. Calm down. The parks will not, I repeat NOT be packed. This will be our 4 year going the week on 9/25-10/2. Not once have we waited more than 30 minutes for ANY ride. Well except TSM - which we got FPs for.

That being said I HAVE waited over 45 minutes to get our table for a scheduled ADR. This was last year at Chef Mickey's for dinner and we were a party of 5, normally only 4. My mom came with us. Most other times were around 20 minutes. However I am hoping that this year will be better because the Values will only have the QSDP. And I'd guess the average non-Diser guest doesn't know that they can upgrade their plan.

So anyway, just because FD is "sold out" this doesn't mean the resort is. They do these things in blocks of rooms. I would guess that not even 25%, prolly closer to 10%, of the rooms for any given resort are actually FD rooms.

Don't stress. It'll be ok. Your family will go and have a blast. ;)

[People people. Calm down. The parks will not, I repeat NOT be packed. This will be our 4 year going the week on 9/25-10/2. Not once have we waited more than 30 minutes for ANY ride. Well except TSM - which we got FPs for.
/QUOTE]

9/25 is probably a lot less full than 8/25!

You have to remember that just because 8/15 is sold out, it does NOT mean the whole week is sold out. I see plenty of availability that week. Also, if you check free dining first and then go to the home page to check a regular offer, you're still searching under free dining. you have to completely leave the page to get rid of the free dining offer.

Don't worry. I have gone plenty of times when there were great discounts. The parks were fine. The only time we had a problem & didn't get any special offers was when we went during 4th of July. Only 4th of July was a nightmare. The 2 days before & the 4 days after were all fine. Plus you're at Disney.

Wondering myself about the possibility of an upgrade. Never had one but would be so happy to get some pixie dust sprinkled my way. I'm thinking it probably won't happen since there are 6 of us with two rooms. Would I be a bad person if I asked ? I thought I would call to upgrade our tickets with PH and surprise my family with it when we get there.

And FYI - we go the same time every year - this year it's 8/28-9/4 and the only time we usually encounter a crowd is that first weekend (and even that isn't a bad crowd). By Monday mostly everyone is gone and the parks are ours to enjoy with minimal lines (except TSM). Especially since the schools up here are starting to go back earlier and earlier every year.

Wondering myself about the possibility of an upgrade. Never had one but would be so happy to get some pixie dust sprinkled my way. I'm thinking it probably won't happen since there are 6 of us with two rooms. Would I be a bad person if I asked ? I thought I would call to upgrade our tickets with PH and surprise my family with it when we get there.

And FYI - we go the same time every year - this year it's 8/28-9/4 and the only time we usually encounter a crowd is that first weekend (and even that isn't a bad crowd). By Monday mostly everyone is gone and the parks are ours to enjoy with minimal lines (except TSM). Especially since the schools up here are starting to go back earlier and earlier every year.

My mom and I went the exact same dates as you last year! We pushed it back a few days this year and are going the 3rd-10th. Last year we walked onto pretty much everything! Except TSM, so you should have no problems. :)

Seems lot there will be a lot of disappointed people when they get to WDW and aren't upgraded! There's no way Disney is going to put all these people in a deluxe hotel!

Seems lot there will be a lot of disappointed people when they get to WDW and aren't upgraded! There's no way Disney is going to put all these people in a deluxe hotel!

I just wanna hear about someone getting any upgrade this year to see what kinds of hotels they are upgrading people to. If they are keeping it at OKW/SPR like last year or if they are doing different resorts. A few years back my uncle got the choice of Boardwalk or Carrib. Beach Resort. I already know the chance of us getting an upgrade is next to nowhere so I'm waiting for the post where someone does get a pin upgrade.

I'm starting to think it's not gonna happen this year... :sad1:

I mean think about it. It's already August. I assume that the reason Disney offered the upgrade pin in the first place was to free up some rooms for people who were still wanting to book. But FD starts in 2 weeks... I know not everyone out there is like us Disers. But I would assume most people plan at least a month in advance for a vacation. **sigh**

Hopefully I'm totally wrong though. :upsidedow

I'm starting to think it's not gonna happen this year... :sad1:

I mean think about it. It's already August. I assume that the reason Disney offered the upgrade pin in the first place was to free up some rooms for people who were still wanting to book. But FD starts in 2 weeks... I know not everyone out there is like us Disers. But I would assume most people plan at least a month in advance for a vacation. **sigh**

Hopefully I'm totally wrong though. :upsidedow

I'm starting to think that too. Maybe they pushed the potential upgrades until the 2nd round of FD, the just added dates. Who knows, Disney could have done a pretty good job by solving the FD plan QSDP vs. DDP where they don't need to be doing that anymore, except for maybe a rare occasion.

I haven't been upgraded to a different resort. But when we check in we're always upgraded from standard to woods views. Also, if you're considering upgrading to a PH, I would recommend it if you're staying for more than 4 days. We always end up going to two parks a day when we stay 6-7 days. On the day we go to AK, we always go to another park in the evening. Enjoy your trip in a few weeks:)

I wouldn't worry- my resort CSR is "sold out" except for king rooms according to disney- but it's only for free dining. If you search the website for the same dates with no free dining they still have standard rooms available, and it's less than three weeks til our trip.

Looks like CSR is sold out for standard rooms during our stay in September. We are there with FD as well, but I was searching (without using the free dining) as I wanted to add 2 days. The cheapest rooms that kept coming up were "waterviews".

Luckily when I phoned my TA, she was able to get 2 extra days added for us!

I leave next Friday. Doesn't look like I'm getting an upgrade...LOL!!!! Still no word on anybody getting upgrades??? :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter