Remember my bride/groom gift dillemma? Need help.......

TinkBride

I am pro Spaceship Earth wand. I am anti candy/cak
OK, so we ARE exchanging gifts.

DF is terrible to buy for and I have been racking my brain for thoughtful ideas. So I got to thinking, soon after we get married DF will be starting a new job as an auditing accountant for a large regional firm and he will be traveling quite often all around the country (thank god for only about 3 years. :guilty: )

Anyways, I came up with the idea to build a "care package" for him to take with him when he travels. So I am gonna get a blanket and have it embroidered, a cute frame with a pic of me or us, a stuffed penguin (inside thing....lol).

Do you have any other suggestions for things I can put in this "package"? Also I need a cute saying to put on the blanket (preferably that rhymes), I am normally more creative than this, but I am stumped....lol.

What do you all think?

First of all, Congratulations!

Sounds like a neat idea. My only advice would be to keep it small. How long are the trips going to be? If they are only for a couple of days at a time he probably won't take a very big bag so just make sure the stuff will fit.

Unfortunately the trips will be for a week to two weeks...... :sad2:

So he will most likely have a full on suitcase and a carryon. I thought of that as well, I am thinking that I want the stuff to roll up in the blanket and then I will tie a ribbon around it. So things that woul probably fit in that would work best.

This is just a small thing, but does he like do do any crosswords, or other puzzles? You could include a couple of those books for something to do on the plane.

I got my DFi a travel shave kit from Anthony dot com...he loves it...great products!

Congrats!

Does he have an ipod? You could get him one of those for the plane rides too. If he's already got one, then you could make him a playlist of songs that are special to the both of you and load it onto his player for him.

Does he have a handheld GPS?

Them things are great for travellers. Take you to your hotel, food, airport, etc.

They are powered, have a screen, buttons, and some even go 'beep'. These are all plusses to us :thumbsup2 .

Very high cool factor.

(Come to think of it...maybe my DF will read this...)

Good luck!

Pax

DH travels alot for work as well. I would reccomend getting him a good piece of luggage. DH also travels with a web cam. It comes in handy (especially when he's in hotels with free internet) - its nice to be able to see him occasionally instead of just chatting with him on the phone.

Wow... I am an auditor too! I am an internal auditor, so I don't travel as much. Here are things I bring when I travel.

1) Stuff to do on the plane. I usually am studying for either the CIA or the CPA, but Sudoku is always good.

2) Snacks for the hotel room. May sound crazy, but he may be traveling to places where he is in the middle of nowhere, and you never know what the situation will be like Just in case, I usually bring a few things of cereal or breakfast items from home. If I know I'm in a hotel/area without a gift shop, I bring a few things of pretzels, candy, etc.

3) Downy Wrinkle releaser. They have small bottles of it too, perfect for travel. It is an amazing product. You spray it on clothes the night before and it releases any wrinkles.

Try getting him an Ipod.. I got my DF a travel case from Coach. Its great and I loaded a whole bunch of travel accessories for him. He was studying in Germany and it came in hand... Good Luck

The care package is a great idea! Very thoughtful no doubt he will love it! Especially since its coming from you...Something cute to embroider would be "Sweet Dreams....of ME!" Just a little teaser.

I feel like a bad soon to be wife, DF will not get his wedding gift until the next World Cup. I promised we would go to South Africa as his gift. I have been before but I thought I would be able to make his dream come true to watch soccer and take him somewhere he has always wanted to go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter