Remaining Points

Opie100

DIS Veteran
I have 9 points remaining this use year (June) - they have been banked before. Is there anything I can do with these? Something I can buy? A stuffed Donald? Anything? My guess is no - but it would be nice if Disney at least allowed you to buy something with them like Marriott does.

9 points will cover a night at AKV in a studio, standard view, during low season. Someone might want a night. Price reasonably and you'll have offers.

9 points will cover a night at AKV in a studio, standard view, during low season. Someone might want a night. Price reasonably and you'll have offers.

If I understand the OP correctly, the points have to be used prior to June 1st. Not much time and not low season.

Sorry there's nothing you can do with them. We are in the same boat, we have 10 points (previously banked in to this year) that will expire on the last day of May too. :sad2:

I have 9 points remaining this use year (June) - they have been banked before. Is there anything I can do with these? Something I can buy? A stuffed Donald? Anything? My guess is no - but it would be nice if Disney at least allowed you to buy something with them like Marriott does.

Are they 2012 or 2013 points?

I know you said 'this' use year which should be 2012, but you never know......

You could offer them for rent and buy some one time use points to get to a minimum number needed. One time use are $15 per point.

Is there a market to sell unused points that were previously banked? Mine will expire in Nov. 2013

I am about to be an owner and was wondering if this happens to people. As I look at the point charts and try to figure out how many points to allot to each trip, I find it difficult to know what might be available and how many points to give to each. I'm sure there is a whole forum on that but I can't find it. Any tips for the new girl on the block?
:teacher:

I am about to be an owner and was wondering if this happens to people. As I look at the point charts and try to figure out how many points to allot to each trip, I find it difficult to know what might be available and how many points to give to each. I'm sure there is a whole forum on that but I can't find it. Any tips for the new girl on the block?
:teacher:

It happens. You have to pay attention to your points!

The first rule would be to book as far out as you can. Probably the best way to be sure you will get a reservation.

And, pay attention to your banking windows.

Take advantage of the Disboards - lots of info.

Alloting points for a trip: for my family it depends on who is travelling, how many people, where we are staying and what our plans are.

At Hilton Head I always want a kitchen so more points. But the stay does not have to be long - 4-5 nights are enough. We like to eat in a lot at HH.

At Disney during food and wine, a studio is fine. We eat at the food booths with a few restaurants added in. And this is a 5-6 night trip.

Xmas/New Years - need a one or two bedroom as its usually family time, more people and more cooking done.

If I haven't traveled a lot and have points to use from a previous year, I will stay longer or book a larger unit, so as to use up points.

Twice in 13 years I've wanted/ needed to rent out points. Had to cancel and although I had almost 9 months left before expiry, my vacation time was already promised to other events. I was able to use the Dis rent board and easily sold the extra points. The second time I only had a few and I ended up rebooking and making a last minute visit.

So, right now I have 9 leftover points. I purchased 3 of these from Disney. Then I saw a room I wanted and changed my reservation, resulting in a savings of 9 points. Even though they are sort of useless now, I'm still happy because I got an unexpected treat from the wait list - one I never expected to get. And who knows - maybe I'll be able to book something with the nine, somewhere.

when we wound up with some banked points due to expire, i added an extra night to our reservation.
it actually was fantastic: we had a late flight, didn't have to wake up super early to pack and get out of the room. instead, we left our carry-ons (with change of clothes) in the room, went to EPCOT, packed everything before the RAC counter closed, and relaxed :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter