Remaining Credits

G@ston

Earning My Ears
Sorry if this has been asked before but here goes. We are doing a deluxe dinning plan in November staying in Animal kingdom for 6 nights on the 7th day we are staying at Hilton bonnet creek for two nights. (just the way it worked out). If i have remaining food credits I assume the expire the night of check out? Can someone confirm this?

yup. midnight of check out date.

you can exchange for other types of credits though if needed. Like we had 6QS creds left along with a lot of snack credits. I went down to Captains Cook and they gave me 3 snacks for each QS.. ended up taking home a ton of snacks lol.

If you are on the deluxe there is no such thing as QS or TS credits - they're all the same credits and you can use them for either TS or QS, whichever you choose.

As to whether or not they will let you trade a deluxe credit for snacks, it's going to completely depend on who you ask. I was at Captain Cook's not long ago and a guy was having an absolute fit because the cashier wouldn't let him trade his meal credits for snacks.

If you are on the deluxe there is no such thing as QS or TS credits - they're all the same credits and you can use them for either TS or QS, whichever you choose.

As to whether or not they will let you trade a deluxe credit for snacks, it's going to completely depend on who you ask. I was at Captain Cook's not long ago and a guy was having an absolute fit because the cashier wouldn't let him trade his meal credits for snacks.

Really? That is odd.. The snack store on the second floor actually recommended it to me. When I went down she was like yeah its called a continental meal...or something like that. You choose three snack whether it's three drinks, three pastries, one of each whatever and it gets rung up as the continental meal..

We got like two dozen cookies, some pastries, some pop tarts, some nasty brittle like junk... It was gross..

you can exchange for other types of credits though if needed. Like we had 6QS creds left along with a lot of snack credits. I went down to Captains Cook and they gave me 3 snacks for each QS.. ended up taking home a ton of snacks lol.

Trading leftover QS credits for snacks is no longer as easy as it used to be. It really depends on the the CM and the location. Success has been most often reported at resort food courts. Also it has become more common to receive only 1 snack for 1 QS credit unless you can assemble a meal from snack items.

That is a bummer.. This was just this past January too lol.. Oh well, we are AP and TIW people now so no longer getting that free dining lol

Actually assembling a continental meal is a legitimate use of the QS credit at any time. Did you have to choose a beverage or were you able to choose 3 food items per credit? Some CMs will let you choose 3 food items when you tell them you're checking out and trying to use up your credits. Others will only let you pick 1 or 2 snack items for the QS credit.

and some will say that a "continental meal" consists of one beverage, one pastry and one piece of fruit and they won't let you have 3 snacks of your choice.

So it's totally going to depend on who you are asking at the time.

You should never let your remaining credits go to waist!:) It is true that it depends on who you ask, however, the resorts tend to have the most favorable response. They used to let you trade in a QS credit for multiple snacks, but that doesn't seem to be the case any longer. Instead, you must turn it into a continental meal (fruit, drink, "pastry"). It is still better than losing the credits. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter