Relocating to Florida

Love reading everyone’s input & advice on this topic. Regarding the Winter Garden-Windermere area, would anyone happen to know a ballpark monthly rental amount for a 2BR condo type place? Or a 3BR? I know that’s pretty vague, but just trying to get a general idea of what to expect.

Around $1200-$1500.

So roughly $1200 for a 2BR & $1500 for a 3BR?

That was roughly a range. I'm looking on Zillow, and I'm coming across some 3BRS for as low as $1200, but can go up to $1600.. it seems like $1400 is more of the average. I think it might depend on whether it's a condo or townhouse. Lowest 2BR I saw was $1150.

You can use the zip 34786 and see what I mean :)

That was roughly a range. I'm looking on Zillow, and I'm coming across some 3BRS for as low as $1200, but can go up to $1600.. it seems like $1400 is more of the average. I think it might depend on whether it's a condo or townhouse. Lowest 2BR I saw was $1150.

You can use the zip 34786 and see what I mean :)

Great, thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

And just to clarify the difference between “condo” & “townhouse”, would a condo be a single floor apartment-type residence? And townhouse would be a multi-floor residence? I usually just associate those 2 terms as synonyms for the same type of building. But obviously there is a difference. And if the difference is as I’ve mentioned above, I assume townhomes cost a bit more?
That being said, since it was previously noted that single floor dwellings are more energy efficient in terms of electric costs for air conditioning due to multi-floor buildings having multiple AC units, do most townhomes in FL have multiple AC units, thus higher electric costs than single floor dwellings? I’m currently in a 3-floor home & I only have 1 unit outside for my central AC, so I didn’t realize some places have multiple units.

And just to clarify the difference between “condo” & “townhouse”, would a condo be a single floor apartment-type residence? And townhouse would be a multi-floor residence? I usually just associate those 2 terms as synonyms for the same type of building. But obviously there is a difference. And if the difference is as I’ve mentioned above, I assume townhomes cost a bit more?
That being said, since it was previously noted that single floor dwellings are more energy efficient in terms of electric costs for air conditioning due to multi-floor buildings having multiple AC units, do most townhomes in FL have multiple AC units, thus higher electric costs than single floor dwellings? I’m currently in a 3-floor home & I only have 1 unit outside for my central AC, so I didn’t realize some places have multiple units.

I cant answer the AC question but typically a townhouse would be multiple floors and a "condo" would be similar to a an apt style, one floor layout.

We are really talking about moving back. Id love to be close to the parks, I think we are going to look at Celebration or North of Orlando like Winter Park.

Yep- in FL terms, generally a condo is a privately owned apartment. A townhome is a two or three story attached residence.

Not totally sure about AC... I'm sorry! I don't believe a townhome would need two units, but I could be wrong.

We relocated almost 6 weeks ago. Like others, we decided to rent first as well. We chose to move about a 1/2 hour north/northeast of the parks for a couple of reason. We wanted our kids to go to school in Seminole County, my wife wanted to teach in Seminole County and we did not want to be right in the thick of the tourist. While visiting the area last Summer, we fell in love with the Winter Park/Oviedo area. Winter Park is mostly Orange County, however we are in the small part that feeds into Seminole County schools. We couldn't be happier. Small established neighborhood, great neighbors, great house and close enough to the parks for us.

We are looking at the same area for our move. :goodvibes We have to wait until after June 2015 because our son (who is currently a h.s. junior wants to graduate from his h.s. here).

Most have one AC, even the 3 level places.

I can't remember the square foot/ac unit ratio, but while searching for homes last month in Oviedo, our agent told us once you get past a certain square footage, you need a 2nd a/c unit. I think it was around 2500sf??

As a side note, we loved Oviedo but found it too far from I-4 and Orlando, so we are now considering Winter Garden instead. Our Oregon house goes on the market next week!

I can't remember the square foot/ac unit ratio, but while searching for homes last month in Oviedo, our agent told us once you get past a certain square footage, you need a 2nd a/c unit. I think it was around 2500sf??

As a side note, we loved Oviedo but found it too far from I-4 and Orlando, so we are now considering Winter Garden instead. Our Oregon house goes on the market next week!

Yes, around 2500sq ft. And yes, Oviedo is very inconvenient of an area to get to many places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter