Relocating to Baton Rouge

Tinky

<font color=CC66CC>Has FINALLY received her Offici
Just found out that we will be moving to Baton Rouge, LA... yikes! Any DVCers in the area? We currently have a 21 hour drive (with 3 kids) so we're wondering how close Mapquest is to the 10.5 hour mark to DW.
Also, looking for a new home in the area with good schools so any info would be greatly appreciated.
TIA!

We live in Shreveport. It takes us 14 hours to get to WDW. So it should take you about 9-10 hours to get there.

Housing is going to be hard in BR because of all the NOLA people who moved there last year after Katrina. Get a good realtor to help you out.

Can't help you on schools. If you are Catholic, the Catholic schools usually are good (that's where our son goes).

Hi, A fellow Baton Rougean here!

It usually takes us about 11 hrs to get to WDW. But we don't speed or rush and stop occasionally for potty breaks and lunch, etc. I know others who have made it in less time.

If you PM me, I'll give you some suggestions on neighborhoods etc. There are actually two houses on my block for sale. We live close to LSU.

Welcome to Baton Rouge !!

Thanks Deb!
I figured that housing might be an issue. We're looking at the Denham Springs area. The in-laws live INSIDE Baton Rouge so I think DH wants a little bit of a buffer zone ;)

Wow! A 9-10 hour drive... YAY!!! That will be so nice. Now I guess we'll just have to go more often.....so I guess that means we'll have to buy more points.

lsutigger2 said:
If you PM me, I'll give you some suggestions on neighborhoods etc. There are actually two houses on my block for sale. We live close to LSU.

Welcome to Baton Rouge !!

Thanks! Sent you a PM!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter