Religion?

my religion is a very personal thing. it doesn't have a name. i believe in the christian god, but i do not align myself with christian beliefs. i believe in reincarnation until you achieve true inner peace, at which point you enter an afterlife. i believe that to do good unto others is the ultimate goal. i believe that its not who you are underneath, but also what you do that determines the quality of your soul. to judge would be to go against everything we are created to do (love.) i believe in self indulgence as long as no one is hurt along your path for it. i believe in karma, the domino effect, and the theory of infinite universes. most of all, though, i believe that we're all really going to be okay someday.
Interesting.

I have a question for you.....why the Christian god? If you don't align with the faith, why not other gods such as Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, ect?

See, I'm really confused about my religion. I DEFINITELY believe in God and Jesus, I just don't accept what many churches preach. I don't believe in "homosexuality is a sin", "divorce is a sin", etc. My God is a forgiving God, one who justs wants each to love, not to hate and discriminate.

That's how I feel too. It angers me about how hypocritical some churches are. "God loves everyone but if you're gay He won't. If you get divorced and remarry He won't." I thought God was supposed to be loving?

Interesting.

I have a question for you.....why the Christian god? If you don't align with the faith, why not other gods such as Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, ect?

I'm curious about this too. How can you believe in the Christian God if you don't believe in at least some of the basics of what Christianity is? The Christian God says you go to Heaven or Hell, not reincarnated.

Wait. During service? I'm southern Baptist too and we drink lemonade/sweet tea in our youth group, but not during service. That would be so cool!!!
Lol. Not during service. We drink it everywhere else though.

I am a Christian. And I agree with an earlyer post that said that that statement is way over used. I do have Jesus Christ in my heart. I would love to answer anyones questions about the bible or christianity if any one has any.:) PM me if you want. I seriously would love to answer them!:goodvibes

Merry Christmas!:goodvibes

I'm curious about this too. How can you believe in the Christian God if you don't believe in at least some of the basics of what Christianity is? The Christian God says you go to Heaven or Hell, not reincarnated.

Exactly. Like, I believe in God and I've accepted Jesus as my savior because he died for my sins, but I don't believe in EVERY SINGLE THING the church preaches. If they say God is a loving, accepting God, why do they say he discriminates by hating gays or divorcees? I'm just confused. Yes, I pray, but I don't attend church. The only church we have is a Catholic and you know their attitude, "All or nothing".

I am technically catholic.

I was baptised, took my communion and reconciliation, then "shocked the world" when I turned 15 and said

"yeah.. umm.. about getting confirmed.. I'm not going to be"

hence, I am a catholic, who is not confirmed, so I refer to myself as 'a catholic by default' or 'a lapsed catholic'.

I'm agnostic.

I often tell my mother on many occasions, that I dislike her decision of baptising me catholic. I would have prefered to have made my own decision when I got older. But if I have to fill out a form, if it is nothing to do with education I say agnostic or none, but if it is to do with education I just tick catholic to save confusion with my catholic schooling background.

Lets keep this thread nice and happy..

I was confirmed and I'm kindof regretting it... I feel like I'm lying to everyone because my beliefs are so drastically different in major issues.

If you except the Christian God as your God you need to be with him all the way.

Claire:goodvibes

I was confirmed and I'm kindof regretting it... I feel like I'm lying to everyone because my beliefs are so drastically different in major issues.

Don't regret it. It was the right thing to do. Just pray and God will tell you what to do next.:) PM me if you want!:goodvibes

def. did not mean to start a fight, just stating what I beleive. You guys are awesome no matter what u beleive because we all have one thing in common... WE LOVE DISNEY!!!:goodvibes

Ok I'm sorry if this is a innaproriate topic but I was just wondering what everyone here is
The holidays are close so I was wondering what everyone here was
I know everyone out there has different beliefs some our atheist and some our budhist.
So I was wondering if you could say why you are and what you are.
Ok I'll start

I really dont know exactly what I am I mean I have feeling that say god is real but theres other things out there that say he isnt. I guess I just have mixed feeling.
I'm looking in to a relationship with god but I dont know if hes real
I want to be confident before I say yes since it is a life time committment
So I dont know what you call someone in the middle I guess I'm 50% Atheist
50% Christian

I know exactly how you feel. I started out as a baptist- because my mother was. Later in "life" she became a Jehovah's Witness and sent us to the Kingdom hall and we took lessons every Wednesday afternoon, then every Saturday. So we were Jehovah's Witnesses. Then my mother stopped going, but kept sending us till we just couldn't take it. I remember sitting in bible study just wishing life would end so I didn't have to take lessons anymore, so finally my oldest sister told my mom we were quitting our religion. :rotfl:

Eventually, my sister became friends with a Christian girl who introduced us to Christianity, so we became Christians - do you see where this is going.

I think all of my life, I've been a follower of somebody else's decisions when it comes to religion. Now I'm an adult and trying to make my own.

I definitely believe in God - I believe there is only one supreme being. I can't imagine a world like this being formed simply by chance - evolution. Sure, things change over time, but not that drastically. anyway, I could go on. I think God gets a bad rap these days with so many people doing horrible things in the name of god. I agree with what some of the posters have said, it drives me crazy how people say God love these type of people and hates others. Something just isn't right with that statement.

I could go on :rotfl:

I'm definitely not going to be able to continue reading this thread or a debate will get started. Some people don't need to talk until they know what they are talking about.

See, I'm really confused about my religion. I DEFINITELY believe in God and Jesus, I just don't accept what many churches preach. I don't believe in "homosexuality is a sin", "divorce is a sin", etc. My God is a forgiving God, one who justs wants each to love, not to hate and discriminate.
::yes::

I just don't get how people can believe that love is a sin.

For me, love is love. No matter who is in it. Man and man, man and woman, woman and woman. It's still love.

i am Christian in the way that I believe that jesus is my savior and pretty much all the basic of the religion but i don't aggree with everything...I also don't believe wholey in creationism but i believe in created evolution if that makes sense...I honestly will say that since alot of not cool stuff has gone down in my life i've fallen away with my faith and stoped praying. I'm going to start trying to get back more. Youth group and church are out of the question for me becasue the one youth group i like is the same days as my anti drug things which is more important to me and I work on sundays all day usually. But again I belive i am a christian.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter