Relief Fund Set Up for Cast Members

Goofyposter

Director of Farmland Defense
For those so inclined, especially following Jeanne:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WDW has set up a Cast Member Hurricane Relief Fund
that was begun with $50,000 from Walt Disney World.
To donate to this fund send your check to:

Vista Federal Credit Union
Attn: Cast Member Hurricane Relief Fund
13705 International Drive
South Orlando, FL 32821

You do NOT have to be a Cast Member or Credit Union Member to donate to this fund.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank You!
:)

Thank you GP. I had read on a newsletter that many of the CM's had damage to their homes and were struggling.

Thank you for this link and for always thinking of others like you do. :)

They started this right after Charlie. Is this in addition, or the same fund?
Disney has been a great help to their CMs. But I know many still needs LOTS more assistance.

They started this right after Charlie. Is this in addition, or the same fund?

It is the same fund, but that was never limited to help out only for Charley, it was established before frances, and before Jeanne.

I know many still needs LOTS more assistance

You are so right! :(

Thank you. I am going to write a check and put it in the mailbox RIGHT NOW. :)

I live in a hurricane prone area as well and count my blessings that we haven't been affected in any way like this.
:(

While the weather has improved, the needs have yet to blow over.

I thought you might like to read excepts from a letter to me from a cast member made in response to my inquire about her situation.

Oh where to begin.... I was {away} on Vacation during the last hurricane. I came home to a mess...I am waiting on the insurance company to come to my home and meet with me.
I think I need to hire an outside building inspector as well. I have a roof which is good minus some shingles and panels, however, I have water damage on the ceilings and walls in just about ever room.
My TV, Computer, VCR, Oven, Door Bell and some of the electrical sockets aren't working now! ....
My biggest concern is the floors and walls are cracking. The house is settling. The tile in the master bath and kitchen need to be replaced.
I only hope the insurance covers this. It's very stressful but it could have been worse. I have power and AC thank goodness. My Brother is with out power his AC Blew! My sister just had a new roof put on her home. But we have our health and this is why we have insurance. ......
Trust me, it does me good to be at work where everything is magical and positive! There's a big bubble over us with is good :) As you know...... so you know where I am coming from.

Donations of any size will be greatly appreciated! :)

My heart just goes out to so many. Our damage has been very minor. We are one of the few fortunates.
These storms are something people can't comprehend unless they have been through them.
One was bad enough, but then to just keep getting nailed. :eek:
Many people went from a reasonably comfortable life to having a condemned house in a month's time or less. :earseek:
And now trying to get insurance adjusters and construction workers even out to see the damage is a whole nother issue.
I think it will be a year before everything is somewhat back to normal.
Anyone here can see it other's eyes and demeanor -- a war weary battle.
Emotionally, FL people have been through an awful lot. But many are thankful for even what they had, esp looking at Haiti. :(

Thanks for the info, GP. I will be contributing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter