• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Release of funds for the seller.....

supersuperwendy

any happy little thought?
We have recently sold our Animal Kingdom contract. We accepted an offer back on July 17th. The process began, buyer passed ROFR in August, the deed came back last week. According to member accounting my balance has been paid in full as of Sept 14th and the new member should have their ID very soon. I got a thank you card from the resale company today which makes me assume they got their commission. Now the resale company and the title company are saying, it will be ANOTHER 2-3 weeks before they release our funds via a check! Does that sounds normal? Our previous sale was basically a breakeven so I wasn't waiting for a check like I am this time. :confused3

I'm not sure if you saw the thread about a seller transferring points into RCI after the deed had been recorded, but this really screwed things for a lot of people including the title company and broker so that might be the hold up until the buyer has their points in their account.

We sold point last year and the money was in my bank the day after things closed So three weeks before points were removed from our account

I think it is done differently with different closing agents

We just heard from the title company and it's being direct deposited on Monday. Thanks for the replies everyone :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter