• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Relaxing things to do at Disney that are free or cost little

Pamnkevin

Mouseketeer
I am trying to come up with some ideas of things my BIL would like to do and I need suggestions. He isn't real fond of rides. His ideal vacation would be to go to the beach or camping and just sit around and drink.

What kind of things could I suggest that may peak his interest? Things that cost little or no money only.

He's staying at Fort Wilderness.

Not sure if they still have them, but we had a great time renting canoes at Fort Wilderness. I don't believe they were too expensive. If possible, I'd save a little money and try to rent watermice one afternoon, I know you said little money but they are soooo fun. Watch the water parade at night from the beach area at the Fort, the price is right!!! My brother inlaw went with us twice and he is not "in to" rides. He loved the day we walked around the boardwalk and may enjoy just biking or walking around the campground. Its a beautiful walk from Fort Wilderness to Wilderness Lodge.

We really enjoyed touring the resorts. My husband also collects pressed pennies. I think it is more a can I find them all thing.
Maybe your BIL might enjoy a wine or beer tasting in Epcot? or watching fireworks and water parade from Poly beach (with a drink-like a date night?)

Our favorite laid back activity is watching the water parade with a cocktail in hand. It used to be the best at the Poly, but I think that view has gone away with the addition of the bungalows ..... Not sure. FW also has a great view and you can grab a drink at either Crockett's or the store by the marina.

The different options to watch the free night movies at each resort is nice. You'll need to look up each resort to see who does it what way. Port Orleans I also think does it with a campfire. Our lazy day we like to use the lake side beaches that some of the hotels have.

He could resort hop by monorail or ferry. Hubs is not a theme park guy. We don't even buy him a ticket this trip. DD and I go to the park, make plans for a meal or two (most days) and carry on. He checks out the resort, transportation, etc. He is ok with that and while I would love for him to go and hang out with us, that's not going to be fun for him or us, so this is the compromise. He says as long as he isn't at work it is a good day

Resort hopping is a lot of fun. Going to each of the resorts on the monorail and the resorts on the Boardwalk are fun to explore. Hang out at the pool but BYOB. My husband and I are not commando park people, go to the parks and just relax, people watch.

Is he visiting the parks at all this trip?
We also BYOB to the pool. Even buying some beer at the resort gift shop is cheaper than pool bars!
Resort hopping is fun too, but I often stop to have a drink or snack at other resorts!

If he doesn't mind paying for drinks at bars then he could do the monorail pub crawl getting a drink at the lounges at each monorail resort. He could even start at the Wilderness lodge and then take the boat over to the Contemporary Resort and catch the monorail. Is he an adventurous drinker? If so, Drinking Around the World at EPCOT could be fun. Pace yourself because it is quite a lot of drinks. If he likes beer he could do the Beers Around the World and sample a beer from every country in the World Showcase. Although they are not free or low cost, renting a Sea Raycer boat is great fun as is bass fishing. Here's hoping your BIL has a good trip. Cheers!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter