Relaxing Around the World? Grand Floridian pool? Typhoon Lagoon?

MarylandMommy

Mouseketeer
My friend and I are both turning 40 this year. This is our first trip without kids. It is also my first trip in July. We usually go in October/November/May when the there are fewer people. Who knows of the best places to relax?

We will be staying at the Old Key West resort. I thought about relaxing by our pool, but the last time I was there, I didn't find many shady spots. Also, I'm sure all the pools will have a lot of kids there having fun. Are there other pools that may have less kids? How about any other pools? I was thinking of having lunch at the Grand Floridian and spending time by their pool. Any thoughts?

Another idea, was going to the EMH at Typhoon Lagoon. I love that water park. Does anyone know of a good place to sit that would have shade? We always go to katch-a-kiddie creek, but without the kids, I would like a better place. I would like to go around the main pool, but is there a good place with shade? Any other "secret" shady spots?

Anything I may have overlooked?

You might try one of the quiet pools at OKW - we like the the one between buildings 55 and 56. There are places in the shade over by the area near shark reef at TL and I think there were some on the upper area near the main pool. There are also many places with covered areas all around the park that have chairs and lounges so you should have no problem there. I think at that time of year you will probably find the main pools at all the resorts will be busy. Have never tried the GF one so don't know how it is for relaxation.

DH and I weren't too thrilled with the pools @ GF. We thought they were boring and loud. Sound just seemed to echo off the buildings. And there will still a good number of kids.

We liked the pool @ Port Orleans when we visited with my Mom a few years ago, but still tend to stay at the OKW pools to relax.

I"d head over to WL for some dvc-allowed pool hopping. Don't go to the big pool, but the one by the villas, Bubbling Springs Pool. It's pretty fun for a quiet pool, you should be able to find some shade (lots of chairs, not many people usually), and enjoy listening to the music they pipe in. Then for a change of scenery you can head over and lounge on the chairs on the beach area---with those big trees you should be able to find some shade, plus enjoy looking at the lake, boats, etc. Have fun!

The beach at the POLY although not a lot of shade there a few hamocks around that are under trees. It is quite and comfortable but you will hear the whistle form the train at MK
I like the one by Sunset point if I am not there you may use it :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter