• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rejected from College Program a second time. Very Confused.

Yay for you Vovo. It is hard to keep trying at something that you keep getting rejected from. But, persistence pays off, I am here in China becoming Foreign Trainer for Disney English, and I am one of the better paid in my group. I have had a lot of experience working to get to the point where I am at and I am ready to go. Today I went through traditions for the second time and got a second little toy/prize so keep working and bettering your self as a whole person and you can't lose.

BadDad said:
The following were all CC kids
My S (Spr Adv 2011) QSFB
My D (Spr Adv 2014) QSFB
My D's BF (Spr Adv 2014) QSFB

They all requested QSFB, Attractions, Merchandising, Hotel operations.

I believe
Adv increases your chances
Custodial, QSFB, Merchandising (in that order) increases your chances

I was spring 2010. Merch, attractions and other hotel operations.

Honestly it depends where they need people who haven't extended or stayed.

Your School doesn't matter, It's only to to make sure you are a college kid and what they need to put on your name tag if you are selected. I have friends who have tried time after time for WDW CP and then get in on their first try for DLR CP. For me, I applied the last week of the application period and got into DLR CP, then that carried me into WDW CP. They are looking for certain things in each set of questions depending on what they're looking for that year. Also Majors could play a little role in it, just incase they don't have enough engineers who would fill up their engineering class, they might hold out for engineers or another kind of major. If you are dire to get in, tell them you are the best worker and say yes to every single position. if you do this though, don't quit halfway through. From the kids we had checked in from may, only 25% of them are still here. This program isn't all fluff and easy, but if you can survive through it, it is a great experience.

From the kids we had checked in from may, only 25% of them are still here.

Source of data? Something from an official source that we can all see and verify, please. Not a "I was told" or "I heard".

That seems just a bit exaggerated.

From the kids we had checked in from may, only 25% of them are still here. This program isn't all fluff and easy, but if you can survive through it, it is a great experience.

I'm doing the program right now and I'm pretty sure you're exaggerating. Judging by the line for the Thanksgiving housing event I'd say most people are still here.

Worth mentioning that I'm a CC student and got accepted two days after I applied. It has nothing to do with what school you attend.

I was spring 2010. Merch, attractions and other hotel operations.

Honestly it depends where they need people who haven't extended or stayed.
I agree 100%, the problem is when you apply you don't exactly know what they need.

Sorry to hear. That really sucks. I could only imagine how depressed and sad I'd be. It's been an official year now that I've been looking forward to partaking in the program. I'm a senior in HS, so maybe another 1 1/2 years before I can even consider going.

Your School doesn't matter, It's only to to make sure you are a college kid and what they need to put on your name tag if you are selected. I have friends who have tried time after time for WDW CP and then get in on their first try for DLR CP. For me, I applied the last week of the application period and got into DLR CP, then that carried me into WDW CP. They are looking for certain things in each set of questions depending on what they're looking for that year. Also Majors could play a little role in it, just incase they don't have enough engineers who would fill up their engineering class, they might hold out for engineers or another kind of major. If you are dire to get in, tell them you are the best worker and say yes to every single position. if you do this though, don't quit halfway through. From the kids we had checked in from may, only 25% of them are still here. This program isn't all fluff and easy, but if you can survive through it, it is a great experience.

Please don't overexaggerate. 25% is nowhere near the truth. There is a high turnover rate but it is not that high. I worked at the Emporium and while we did have one out of maybe 40 CPs quit, and I have seen a lot of people end up leaving, that wasn't the case.

Disney doesn't discriminate against people, but it does make sense they're creating a more efficient process. The number of applications goes up every year, they need a way to process them. The more competition means the more selective they're going to be.

That being said - I was accepted and I chose NO interest in QSFB and custodial. Do NOT put interest down in something you could not stand to do for 6 months. The college program is difficult but it is not worth going if you will be miserable in your role your entire time. Stay true to who you are.

To the person who said that someone being overexcited could scare away the interviewers - that is not true. Excitement is what they look for. The real question is is excitement realistic? Do you understand what involves? Or are you blinded by the allure of Disney? They look for people who are realistic.

I took a practical standpoint in my interview and received an offer 2 days later.

The fact is, posting here will get you lots of opinions but no official answer. None of us work for recruiting, so none of us really know why someone got in or someone didnt. I highly doubt it has anything to to with cc/university though. I've seen plenty of uni applicants get denied. Work on improving your skills and your resume, and best of luck to you next time.

The fact is, posting here will get you lots of opinions but no official answer. None of us work for recruiting, so none of us really know why someone got in or someone didnt. I highly doubt it has anything to to with cc/university though. I've seen plenty of uni applicants get denied. Work on improving your skills and your resume, and best of luck to you next time.

The other thing is not to take it personally. They have thousands of applicants and they're all qualified. Hiring is subjective and sometimes someone just says something right in the interview. You just have to keep trying. This is just a standard rule in job hunting.

That being said - I was accepted and I chose NO interest in QSFB and custodial. Do NOT put interest down in something you could not stand to do for 6 months. The college program is difficult but it is not worth going if you will be miserable in your role your entire time. Stay true to who you are.

My S did QSFB for Spr Adv and loved it. A couple of his roommates were Attractions and hated it (too repetitive). One of them bragged about working on the "Mission to Mars" attraction but had to clean-up "protein spills" a couple of times a week.

Research the roles.

My S did QSFB for Spr Adv and loved it. A couple of his roommates were Attractions and hated it (too repetitive). One of them bragged about working on the "Mission to Mars" attraction but had to clean-up "protein spills" a couple of times a week.

Research the roles.

Mission Space?

Research the roles.

For every role, you'll find someone who hated it. One of the disadvantages is you have no clue what your location is until you arrive. Some of it is not always related to roles but your specific location. I worked in merchandise but I had the miscellaneous task of working in a location assigned to dealing with lost children (babycare). It seemed out of place and it was something unique to my location.

One of the roles I heard people loved the most was custodial - because of the freedom associated with it. I will echo what you said - research the roles, have a good understanding of yourself and whether you could do those roles or not. I personally have restrictions that stop me from doing QSFB and custodial.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter