Rehire status/Self-Termed questions

DisneyMaMa0916

Earning My Ears
So here is my background:
I did the college program spring advantage 2012 and started as Peter Pan and small world attractions. Everything was great but I ended up real sick, fainted and was hospitalized found out I was 3 months pregnant =O
Well the nurse that worked in the medical building behind Epcot said not to tell because they could fire me. I thought no big deal baby wasn't due till September an the nurse wrote restrictions so I could switch to indoors at the contemporary- I had a difficult pregnancy. Well I wound up in the hospital a lot and my manager said they don't accept doctors notes for CPs so I ended up with a lot of points. But I stuck through it until my grandfather's Parkinson's got real bad and my family wanted me to come home because they didn't think he would make it- thankfully he got put on new medicine and is doing better. So I put in my 2 weeks and self-termed after 5 months. They put down my excuse as both medical and family emergency.

So my question is, can I try to go bak now? How do I find out my rehire status? Do I have a chance with all the points on my record? We have a family business that I have been working for this past year does that count as a 'real job'? I tried calling because I also lost my ID and owed moneyso I wanted to pay but they told me it gets sorted out f I get rehired. I tried to leave on good terms =(

I wish I could help you :( the best I can do is wish you good luck and suggest you to call them directly in order to find out if they'd take you back.

It truly is handled on a case by case basis so every case is unique. I know about 7 or 8 restricted rehired and every single one of them had their claims denied but you'll never know until you go through the process.

Well I emailed them and spoke to one of my old supervisors. They told me apply apply apply! She said that I had a high chance of getting my restriction lifted =)
I told them I wanted to make Disney my career not just do it for fun so she highly encouraged I apply come September. Oh I am so nervous it can't come quick enough! She also said until then that I should go do a character audition just so Disney sees that I am looking at coming back. I already found an apartment in Celebration! I won't take no for an answer haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter