Rehearsal dinner locations....

JonetteA

DIS Veteran
Ok guys, I am looking for a variety of ideas at a variety of expense. If you guys have any ideas I would really appreciate it. For large parties, did you book with FTW, or with group sales?

We are doing the luau at the Poly (Spirit of Aloha dinner show), and we booked through group reservations.

My MIL booked our rehearsal dinner through our EM. She hosted a dinner for us in the St. James ballroom/Patio at the Boardwalk.

My MIL booked our rehearsal dinner through my EM (they can put the bills for these types of events on a separate section of your master bill so you don’t pay it (though I assume you would be ultimately responsible if the other person didn’t pay) and you don’t see the cost of the event—we had a bridal tea and a rehearsal dinner that worked this way).

We had ours at ‘Ohana, and we got rave reviews. All the men in particular loved the meat on sticks, LOL! Everyone had a wonderful time, and it was a relaxing, fun event. The food is delicious, and the atmosphere is a lot of fun as well. We sat at a large table in the center of the restaurant in front of the fire pit. It was reasonably priced compared to some of the other options as well.

We're going to have ours in the Attic at the Boardwalk. It is the cutest space, very informal. There is an inside area with some small tables and various other seating like couchesWe're going to have ours in the Attic at the Boardwalk. It is the cutest space, very informal. There is an inside area with some small tables and various other seating like couches. There is also a deck area with tables which over looks the water. I forget how many people it holds. We’re going to have about 30, but I think it can hold many more. You can only do a buffet there and you have to be out by 10:00 since it is near guest rooms.

You’d never know the place was there unless someone pointed it out. You can see the deck is just above the Jelly Roll sign across from the Atlantic Dance hall.

We also had out RD at The Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show. We rave reviews from our guests...the food is good and the show if fun. We booked ours through group reservations and they were able to get us front and center. It was great...I would do it all over again.

Here are the prices (as of 12/04--before tax and gratuity)
Adults (12 and over) $40.33
Children (3-11) $20.42
Infants Free

HTH

ead79 said:
We had ours at ‘Ohana, and we got rave reviews. All the men in particular loved the meat on sticks, LOL! Everyone had a wonderful time, and it was a relaxing, fun event. The food is delicious, and the atmosphere is a lot of fun as well. We sat at a large table in the center of the restaurant in front of the fire pit. It was reasonably priced compared to some of the other options as well.

Can I ask how many people you had at 'Ohana?

my parents hope to book our rehearsal dinner at whispering canyon or artist point at the wilderness lodge. we then plan on having a group hayride afterwords. my em is supposed to be contacting my parents about the rd. if anyone has had their rd or reception meal at the wilderness lodge i would love any info/input.

we are also having a welcome dinner for all our guests at downtown disney's rainforest cafe in a private terrace/room that we booked with laurie at group reservations through the restaurant.

I think ohana is a great place for a rd!! It is fun, good food and in a beautiful resort ( I think I might do my rd @ ohana! :sunny: ) I've heard of parties up to 80 being accommadated there...not sure on your party size but they should be able to do it depending on season etc. Congrats :flower:

P.S.- Does the Rd count toward your min?

No it doesn't count toward the minimum b/c it is not going to be held on the same day. Honestly, I have had *NO* problems hitting my min. I am worried about going too far over. I want to keep this in check as much as possible.

JonetteA said:
No it doesn't count toward the minimum b/c it is not going to be held on the same day. Honestly, I have had *NO* problems hitting my min. I am worried about going too far over. I want to keep this in check as much as possible.

lol! I think I may have the same problem! It doesn't seem hard to reach the min w/ 50 guests...I was just curious. Thanks and good luck.

JonetteA said:

I think I also had that same problem. :goodvibes I was looking at the minimums when I was doing the wishbook and wondering if it would be hard to reach the minimum.....and well 10 minutes later I had an approx. total of 30 grand!!!! I know I'm still a few years away and most likely saying I want things that I don't really need, but did anyone else pay that much? (If you don't mind me asking)

Dallas_Lady said:
Can I ask how many people you had at 'Ohana?

I can’t remember exactly, but I would guess that we had around 25 or so. It really worked out wonderfully.

Tiggerific, try not to completely rule things out based on the prices in the wishbook. The prices for these things they show are typically prices for the most expensive options. For example, you can have lovely floral centerpieces for much less than the amounts shown in the wishbook. I will say that it is easy to quickly build up a high bill with Disney. Just determine what your budget needs to be (you are lucky to have a good amount of time to save), and stick to it. Your event manager will be able to help you work within your budget. We spent $24,500 with Disney for a wedding with 78 guests. It would be easy to spend more than that, but it’s also easy to have a very elegant WDW wedding for less than that too. Enjoy your planning!

We had an Illuminations Dessert Party for our RD/welcome party, it was great! Everyone really enjoyed it and we didn't spend nearly as much as we would have if we'd had it in a restaurant.

I am partial to O'Hannas, You can also do Calif Grill, etc. How many people???

:jumping2:

I am thinking around 35 to 40 people...I don't know it seems that the in-laws have some ideas...I am anxious to hear them!

Maybe when you take your DFIL on your planning trip, you can scope out a few places. We went to one that started in a banquet room at the Y&Bclub, and we all got on busses for the MGM Studio Tour (250+ people) One of the trams "Broke Down" so they brought out a huge buffet, and we had a block party (on the street that has been torn dow for a year or so now).

But, the Luao sounds fun....

:jumping2:

We are planning on having ours either at O'Hanas or at the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show -- just need to figure out the difference in price. My fiance and I are inviting all of our guests (expecting between 30-40 people) so that no one is left out. We are paying for everything, except for alcoholic drinks.

Would love to hear anyone's opinions between O'Hanas and the luau show... which would be better for that size of a group? etc.

-heidi :)

hjc1277 said:
We are planning on having ours either at O'Hanas or at the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show -- just need to figure out the difference in price. My fiance and I are inviting all of our guests (expecting between 30-40 people) so that no one is left out. We are paying for everything, except for alcoholic drinks.

Would love to hear anyone's opinions between O'Hanas and the luau show... which would be better for that size of a group? etc.

-heidi :)

I think we are going to do the same thing (w/ 40 guests) I've been to both...luau is a nice show but food is soso. Ohana is great in my opinion. There is a huge price difference..I think ohana was like $ 25-30 and the show was like $50...This is JMHO!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter